Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8636 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:12/12/13 3:14 PM

Vogue Patterns: 8636 by SueV  Vogue Patterns: 8636 by SueV
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Oh2Sew2 said... (12/22/13 10:16 PM) Reply
Cute top! I'm with you on the bra straps showing...it's okay that others do it, but it's not me. Maybe a burnout on the sleeves will be worth a try though.
VivianZ said... (12/14/13 9:35 AM) Reply
Love the top, great fabric. Like a few others, I have this pattern and haven't used it, but yours is an inspiration and I will get it out!
Wianno Girl said... (12/13/13 9:10 PM) Reply
This version of the pattern is awesome - so outre styling! great inspiration!
threaddy said... (12/13/13 7:51 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Thanks for mentioning the bra straps showing with the sheer. I HATE it when that happens! I love the way you put this together though.
Patti B said... (12/13/13 9:42 AM) Reply
Sue, I love your two 'yipes, stripes' tops. I have this pattern and have never sewn it it's moving up the list now.
carolynw said... (12/12/13 9:15 PM) Reply
Looks very pretty - have this pattern but not used yet and this time I will take my finger off"Save" before it repeats 3 times - in a nano second!
CissieW said... (12/12/13 8:36 PM) Reply
Seriously cool looking top. Love your fabric with the mesh. Great job!
clcruick said... (12/12/13 5:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I picked up this pattern in the last BMV sale and look forward to digging it out after the holidays. Thanks for the inspiration!
PattyE said... (12/12/13 5:01 PM) Reply
Oh I love this pattern...I keep going back to it too. This is a fabulous top...I love the mesh. I see bra straps all over nowadays. I think it's actually become a part of the look.
sergette said... (12/12/13 4:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I was going to use this pattern for my last top (because the collar looked interesting), but ended up using another one. BTW: What kind of dress form do you use? I'm looking of one and would appreciate any tips.

Islander Sewing Systems The Ultimate Kinsale Cloak Pattern