Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 319885-1000

Reviewed by:sewing genie

About sewing geniestar
Member since: 1/24/13
Posted on:12/14/13 11:00 PM
Self Drafted Pattern: 319885-1000 by sewing genie Self Drafted Pattern: 319885-1000 by sewing genie

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

sewing genie said... (12/17/13 2:33 AM) Reply
This is my first time to make this kind of bag, so I am not sure that how it will be to fold them after it has been used a while. So far it is easy to fold and use. I didn't try the zipper versions yet. Happy new year, everyone.
sewingcanary said... (12/15/13 3:55 PM) Reply
Hi Genie! You make such cute things! These will make super gifts. This is sort of a design question/suggestion. What I found with most of the close-up bags is they seem to not fold up so easy after theyíve been used a while. Have you found this? Iím not sure of the cause, but I get frustrated with them - like the pocket is too small or something. Or, they are too much hassle. After a while I donít bother. One of my faves has a bottom which folds in half and zips around. Closed it looks like a wide wallet or flat make-up bag. Itís a nice middle size, not as big as most grocery bags. One side of the zipper runs from centre across, down the shorter edge of the bottom, then across to centre again. Ditto the other. The longest side of the bottom has the shorter zipper section. A friend made me a great bag. Some of her gifts are odd. I wondered why on earth sheíd made me a tank top that was obviously too short for my long waist. Surprise! It fits perfectly in the rack that holds the storeís bags. It stays wide open for packing. Making it zip closed would be even better. Nylon wears almost forever. I made a little RED one - my ďGO BAGĒ. Itís for things I need to take next time I shop or whatever. Before I go out the door, I grab it. Itís about 11Ē x 8Ē x 4Ē. Iíve used it for years. The thread wore out and I restitched it. All these years and I donít think thereís one hole in the fabric. Itís a great size, however I didnít make the handles long enough to go over my winter coat easily. Cheers and Happy New Year Genie!
caper81 said... (12/15/13 9:24 AM) Reply
Great idea! I love that it has a pocket for a cell phone:)
grey ann said... (12/15/13 7:39 AM) Reply
Very clever. Like the polka dots!
Baja Susana said... (12/15/13 7:14 AM) Reply
Innovative design, how nice! I have been thinking of getting back to bag making, you have given me a nudge
jacqui583 said... (12/15/13 6:44 AM) Reply
I love this! Functional and pretty.
sewing genie said... (12/15/13 1:24 AM) Reply
I love making bags, too. I'm thinking about a lunch bag. ~.~
SewLibra said... (12/15/13 0:23 AM) Reply
So cute and an excellent idea for gifts! I keep thinking I will take a break from garment sewing and make bags or accessories, and you have given me inspiration.

by: Passion4Se...