Pattern Reviews> Pamela's Patterns> 104 (the perfect t shirt)

Reviewed by:Elle D

About Elle Dstar
Member since: 4/12/07
Posted on:12/15/13 4:14 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
canei said... (12/16/13 7:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I just started to use this pattern. I was very happy with the results. I like your fabric. Your top looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Elle D said... (12/16/13 5:12 AM) Reply
Wendy, thank you for the PR book suggestion. I'm thinking of using the clear elastic around the armscye in a future version, to prevent droop. It's a bit lower now than it was when I first sewed it up. If it works to secure shoulder seams, why not the armscye?
Elle D said... (12/16/13 5:12 AM) Reply
Patty, I really like this neckline, I was able to wear this to my very conservative workplace with a black pencil skirt and a nice belt. This pattern taught me that different fabrics can make all the difference in the "look" of the final garment.
Elle D said... (12/16/13 5:10 AM) Reply
Scrnme007, you are so right! Pamela addressed the typical forward shoulder and back curve that I constantly have to deal with, it was so nice not to have to do that this time. And Dreamstress, the same sweater fits beautifully on my 20 year old, B cup daughter. Gotta love the knits!
Scrnme007 said... (12/16/13 2:37 AM) Reply
This is a great pattern which I have made too, in the darted front. However, it comes with two front options... dartless for the smaller or average bust and darted for the fuller bust. By "real woman" the designer doesn't only mean the fuller figured woman. It means that the upper back has a slight curve and the neckline & shoulders are better proportioned than in many other brand patterns. The hemline is not too short, but not tunic length either. The tee is flattering on an adult. A teen could also wear it, it's conservative & not too low cut/skimpy.
wendyrb said... (12/15/13 11:16 PM) Reply
Very nice rib knit sweater and you've already learned so much. I'm sure there will be a slew of wonderful variations. If you don't have the PR book- 1000 Clever Sewing Shortcuts and Tips, you'd probably like it. There's clear elastic tips in there too! Thanks for the reminder to search the Threads Archive.
The Dreamstress said... (12/15/13 5:49 PM) Reply
Wow...I've never heard of these patterns (granted, I'm barely a B-cup and the phrase 'Real Women' makes me froth at the mouth because being naturally petite or curve-less or slim but-hour-glass-y etc. etc. does not make you any less real!) but I'm adding them to my reference list for friends with the right figure. I really loved your blog post - so detailed and entertaining!
PattyE said... (12/15/13 4:42 PM) Reply
I like the neckline change you made. This is my fave t-shirt pattern too...I've made it a dozen times at least.

Alabama Chanin Short Fitted Skirt

by: Lynn67

Sew House Seven Alberta Street Pencil Skirt Paper Pattern

Sew House Seven Alberta Street Pencil Skirt Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)