Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8772 (Misses Blouse)

Reviewed by:SewPrincess

About SewPrincessstar
TX USA
Member since: 2/1/12
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:12/19/13 8:50 PM

MrsCharisma said... (12/21/13 10:31 PM) Reply
Become one with your seam ripper! :) I'm a newbie too and finally got a system down for setting in sleeves. On a woven top especially, I do 2 lines of basting stitches and gather the sleeve between the notches but leaving the very top flat. Then pin, pin, pin, PIN. And sew slowly. Very slowly. I also get MUCH better results sewing "into the sleeve hole" vs putting the sleeve around my free arm. I love this pattern and can't wait to make my own up!
Vintagelover said... (12/21/13 9:10 AM) Reply
undo and re-do the sleeves - I hear you - been there dozens of times unfortuantely:) can't wait to see the end product!
SewPrincess said... (12/20/13 1:43 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much!! I'm determined to get this right. @vintagelover I think I may have to undo, and redo the sleeves (as much as I don't want to) lol
RoseE said... (12/20/13 6:25 AM) Reply
This site has lots of sewing tutorials. And great patterns also! http://www.stylearc.com.au/stylearc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43&Itemid=52
RoseE said... (12/20/13 5:42 AM) Reply
Youtube is a great resource. Check out Professor Pincushion or Sewing Adventure. http://m.youtube.com/#/user/SewingAdventure
PattyE said... (12/19/13 11:49 PM) Reply
I have made this pattern...it makes a nice fitted woven shirt.
Vintagelover said... (12/19/13 11:22 PM) Reply
the left front has been stitched into the sleeve accidentally, that is creating some bunching, done a few times myself, ideally you could post on the boards with photos and I am sure people will give advice on tutorials for buttons, collars, set in sleeves. could be a great shirt:)

Pattern Work