Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6800 (Misses'/Miss Petite Lined Coats, Belt and Detachable Collar )

Reviewed by:stonecutter17

About stonecutter17star
Member since: 6/30/12
Posted on:12/24/13 6:30 PM

McCall's: 6800 by stonecutter17
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Gingermick99 said... (2/13/15 7:10 PM) Reply
I never would have thought to make this from fleece. It looks fantastic. This will be my first coast too if I ever get around to making it.
natkat said... (1/6/15 9:51 PM) Reply
Your coat looks AWESOME!!! I want to sew one just like it but in pure white. I was going to use stretch cotton terry ... but I like the fleece too. I want to make mine tight & form-fitting. Yours looks more form-fitting than the pattern illustration. Also it will be my first coat. Wish me luck. Your review is helpful. Thank you.
Tiffy5t said... (1/8/14 0:58 AM) Reply
Your coat looks amazing, great job!
butterflyfly said... (1/3/14 8:58 AM) Reply
Can't believe it's your first coat! Looks great! I haven't seen this pattern before - looks very interesting.
Sewingchick83 said... (12/31/13 2:58 PM) Reply
Very nice!!!
katskinner said... (12/30/13 4:14 AM) Reply
It looks wonderful. I'm having a fair bit of trouble when it comes to the lining and the collar. I'm doing view C. I've been working on it for days now and am getting really frustrated. Anyways you did a great job: I'm very jealous of how good your jacket turned out to be.
Soday said... (12/28/13 7:52 PM) Reply
I think it's funny that you mentioned an all white coat being boring, because that's the color I got for my coat (to each their own, haha). However, I did get some dark brown faux fur for the hood. I really love the look of this coat as well. I can't wait to make it! Thanks for taking the time to review this.
KathySews said... (12/27/13 8:31 AM) Reply
Love to make coats and yes the collars are always the most troubling part. Great job it caught my eye immediately and I had to read the review
caroljeancarmichael said... (12/25/13 11:32 AM) Reply
Congratulations on completing your first coat! You obviously are a problem solver. I think successful sewers are people who can solve problems and keep going to completion, as you have shown.
debbieB said... (12/25/13 10:01 AM) Reply
Looks nice! Go with wool,I bet you could do it!
mary in FL said... (12/25/13 8:05 AM) Reply
Cool coat! I just love those "accidental" design decisions.
mary in FL said... (12/25/13 8:05 AM) Reply
Cool coat! I just love those "accidental" design decisions.
MrsCharisma said... (12/24/13 10:14 PM) Reply
Hey, just took a closer look. Be proud of that collar!! I bet your next jacket will be stunning as this one is not shabby at all!
MrsCharisma said... (12/24/13 10:13 PM) Reply
Wow! I love the detail. I didn't even register this one when it was released. Very cute. Enjoy it!
Sewmetoo said... (12/24/13 7:08 PM) Reply