Pattern Reviews> Lekala Patterns> 4011 (Jacket/Sweatshirt)

Reviewed by:MrsCharisma

Lekala Patterns: 4011 by MrsCharisma  Lekala Patterns: 4011 by MrsCharisma
Klarisabet said... (1/28/15 2:10 AM) Reply
Gorgeous.
MrsCharisma said... (12/29/13 1:04 PM) Reply
So true sunniek! Can't wait to see them craft addict!! Thanks Michelle! :)
sunniek said... (12/27/13 8:23 PM) Reply
Mrscharisma..I think it will be fine once I get used to their way of doing things. They don't express themselves quite like we do. I consider this a learning experience and the pattern is one I can use many times.
CraftAddict said... (12/27/13 4:07 PM) Reply
Ok MrsCharisma, I took the plunge and ordered two dress patterns. We'll see how it goes.
Michele Lommasson said... (12/27/13 2:24 PM) Reply
Well, both daughter and jacket are darling. A sweatshirt fleece moto- jacket. Who knew? I really like it. You has some real hurdles to overcome, but you did a great job. The next one will surely be easier. : )
MrsCharisma said... (12/27/13 5:47 AM) Reply
Sunniek I would have them replace the pattern. Oh but you said you've already cut it. Bleh. We'll hopefully it sees up well for you!
sunniek said... (12/27/13 2:23 AM) Reply
I bought #5065 after reading your review and going to lekala website. I just cut it out. There were a few odd things. The "beam" line is actually something in Russian. I have a Russian friend am going to check with her on that one. I asked for seam allowances and that was a mistake as they put them on folds also. It's been interesting.
Baja Susana said... (12/26/13 6:53 PM) Reply
I love this, the color, the asymmetrical zipper, and your review and blog post! Felices fiestas
MrsCharisma said... (12/26/13 11:23 AM) Reply
Interesting SBS! I was a bit amused by the "beam" line for sure :) I purchased three patterns for myself last night.
SewButterflySew said... (12/26/13 11:19 AM) Reply
Love your jacket! I just picked up my first Lekala patterns the other day, too. Almost bought this one, but it's still in my wishlist. Not for long after seeing yours. I saw on your blog your comment about the pattern saying 'linen type top'. I think they mean to use that to differentiate the fashion fabric from any lining pieces - I got a coat pattern that has 'linen type top' and 'linen type lining'.
MrsCharisma said... (12/26/13 10:55 AM) Reply
Thanks Jrhee!! They do CraftAddict! I think you can tackle one though! Maybe start with a free one! Betty, I'm in a "sewing is keeping me sane due to life" moment right now. I'm tired too! Thanks! That's my sweet girl!
DorothyK said... (12/26/13 10:55 AM) Reply
Very cool.
betty bushwacker said... (12/26/13 9:49 AM) Reply
You've done so many projects lately you're making ME tired lol! That jacket is really great on your lovely girl.
CraftAddict said... (12/26/13 9:12 AM) Reply
I have always been afraid to try their patterns but they do have very good designs.
Jrhee said... (12/26/13 8:53 AM) Reply
Cute jacket, and in my favorite color too!
MrsCharisma said... (12/26/13 7:16 AM) Reply
Ha! I swear I work and sleep and cook dinner for my family! :) I am new to sewing is I do try to get in the sewing room at least 30 minutes a day. It goes a long way. Plus I'm a rebel. No muslins (maybe every now and again), and I just started tracing my patterns!
cmcarr said... (12/25/13 11:30 PM) Reply
Nice. When do you sleep? Do you sew every day?

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern