Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4593 (Asymetric A-line skirt)

Reviewed by:KiwiWendy

About KiwiWendystarstarstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Posted on:5/31/05 6:32 PM
Last Updated:9/12/05 7:47 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
AnneM said... (9/20/05 3:02 PM) Reply
Funny how that happens - changing your mind about a garmet after a while. So does this mean you have that digital camera now?
KiwiWendy said... (6/1/05 7:30 PM) Reply
ohh yes, a digital camera is way up on my wish list. Before an overlocker now that their prices are finally dropping towards my price point! About the darting, I sat there gobsmacked that making 1 size larger than normal and only darting the back worked better than adding to the front waist and subtracking from the back waist. I didn't even do my normal swayback alteration. Mostly cos I'd gone off the skirt between cutting & sewing. I just wanted it finished as quick n dirty as I could. Now I love it again.
AnneM said... (6/1/05 4:13 AM) Reply
I like the dart idea for fitting the waist. And I just read recently that it can give a better flow for the fabric in some cases. You have to get yourself a digital camera. :)
Vonnevo said... (5/31/05 8:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I have this pattern and have yet to use it. Please PM me if you need help with the 2nd page :)

Favorite Things The Frayed Jacket Pattern