Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3333 (Misses Dresses)

Reviewed by:lisaquilts

About lisaquiltsstar
VA USA
Member since: 4/24/05
Posted on:5/23/05 9:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

SandraB said... (6/24/05 9:47 AM) Reply
This is really nice. Thanks for a detailed and interesting review.
lisaquilts said... (6/6/05 8:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the dress was fun in Texas (though it wasn't until I got it on that I realized the "Where's Waldo" similarity lol). As for the strapless bra question (sew2little, drsue), I think it could be worn if you raise the back of the dress: cut the back a little higher or you'll be constantly tugging it up to cover the bra. Happy sewing!
Katharine in BXL said... (6/6/05 1:10 AM) Reply
Oh it's so PRETTY on! It looks like you could wear this with a fleshtone strapless/convertible bra for more security. If the sides show, you could rasie the halter neckline. Lovely, lovely--and so summery. I bet you had a wonderful time swishing around in it in Texas.
drsue said... (5/31/05 8:38 PM) Reply
I can't believe I missed this review! I got this pattern cued up to make. Do you think it can be worn with a strapless bra?
mag said... (5/24/05 4:32 PM) Reply
Love your review and the pictures of each step of putting in the shelf bra. The dress looks very comfortable. I hope that you enjoy it !
Teri said... (5/24/05 8:54 AM) Reply
Very cute dress and a great review. I love the recylce part, I have been known to rip out a jeans zipper from an old pair of jeans, because it was easier than driving to the store, and my husband wouldn't think of throwing a shirt away without offering the buttons to me first:)
ryan's mom said... (5/24/05 8:38 AM) Reply
Great shelf bra idea with this kind of dress. I've been thinking along the lines of a strapless bra for these styles, but your review is motivating me to look into doing the shelf bra thing for halter styles.
AnneM said... (5/24/05 6:36 AM) Reply
What a nice dress on you. Bring a cardigan, in case you are uncomfortable (cotton, of course, for the hot weather). But it looks very nice on you.
CarolynGM said... (5/23/05 5:36 PM) Reply
Good review and the perfect dress for the Texas heat.
Skymom said... (5/23/05 1:50 PM) Reply
I love the dress on you--you look really great. It's just right for the nautical thing that's going on in fashion this season.
PegL said... (5/23/05 12:48 PM) Reply
Really cute dress and great idea to add the shelf bra! Very good review!
CatherineN said... (5/23/05 11:59 AM) Reply
Great review with useful infomation. I hate wearing a bra in hot weather. It must be possible to make a shelf bra in other summer sytles. Your dress looks nice on you and the fabric is so cheerful.
sew2little said... (5/23/05 10:37 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute! Could one wear a strapless bra with the halter dress?
Hilary said... (5/23/05 9:43 AM) Reply
Oh, I am *SOOO* glad you reviewed this!! I have been itching to get this, but very concerned about the braless issue. Great idea to make a shelf bra!! I love the part about the recycled underwear elastic-my dmom does this too, and I always teased her about it :o)-lovingly,of course!. She will be glad to know she's not alone :D lol! Btw, your dress is really cute-good job! I can't wait to get it (you're right it'll be perfect for Texas weather-I live here and hot is an understatement :o) )
lisaquilts said... (5/23/05 9:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comment, alicia. Yes, I used a Fasturn. I love that thing! I made the straps first, from a piece left over after cutting the fabric.
alicia said... (5/23/05 9:40 AM) Reply
Nice review - love your idea of practicing being less inhibited in a new place!! Your dress looks great. Did you use a Fasturn for your straps?

by: LM2HYD