Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3156 (gaucho pants)

Reviewed by:sewkal

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Pants

Other Projects by sewkal using this Pattern

M.T. said... (2/28/06 6:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for the information. I thiunk I'll make a pair myself!! With elastic in the waistband, does it gather or does the waist lay flat? ~ M.T.
Danvillegirl said... (5/25/05 5:59 PM) Reply
Very nice adaptation of these pants. I think your gauchos look great with the espridrilles as well. Good job.
sewkal said... (5/24/05 5:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind comments- glad I inspired some of you to jump onboard the gaucho bandwagon! I widened both the inside and outside seams- if I were to pull the legs out flat, they'd look like triangles. Jackie, I'm thinking that I will use the same type of stretchy knit for my next pair and just lengthening and narrowing the waist in order to make a roll dolwn waistband.
CSchiffgens said... (5/24/05 5:16 PM) Reply
These came out really great. I've been following the goucho pant thread on the message board. I think you're the first one to produce something. When you widened the legs - did you just widen the outside seam or both the outside and inside leg seam?
Clev said... (5/24/05 11:18 AM) Reply
I love them. So cute when pants look like a skirt--thanks to you I'm going to try a pair myself. Thank you very much!
Teri said... (5/24/05 9:10 AM) Reply
I had no idea that gauchos were back either. Thank goodness for our urban PR sisters. I will expect them here in Idaho next summer:) I loved mine in....well a long time ago:)
AnneM said... (5/24/05 6:41 AM) Reply
Cute outfit; very mod.
Kathryn said... (5/24/05 6:23 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, very cute! You did an excellent job! Urban Outfitters had better move over~who needs them after seeing your creation!
Maychi said... (5/24/05 3:09 AM) Reply
Wow, I love them! I didn't know what gauchos were. Now...I have to have them. Great job!
PVA said... (5/23/05 9:45 PM) Reply
Hey, courtkal, Way to go! They're absolutely smashing! I like them with the espadrilles, too. I'm looking forward to seeing your next version!
alicia said... (5/23/05 7:18 PM) Reply
They look so nice on you!!! Wow, that look takes me back ...
Jackie V said... (5/23/05 7:09 PM) Reply
I like your Gauchos. How would the foldover waistband be made. Would you use some very stretchy lycra knit? The black looks good with your strappy shoes. I think the length looks good on you.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/23/05 7:06 PM) Reply
I really like these on your. what a great use of a pattern you really like.
Allisonsews said... (5/23/05 6:14 PM) Reply
Draw back those horses, I think I'll jump on the gaucho bandwagon, too! These look fabulous - can I borrow your espadrilles? :)
CarolynGM said... (5/23/05 6:03 PM) Reply
I had no idea that gauchos, a style I rather like, had returned to fashion. Yours look very cute on you. Clever use of your KS pattern.
els said... (5/23/05 5:51 PM) Reply
Your gaucho pants looks very pretty, congratulations on your redrafting well fit Kwik sew pattern. If you lengthen the legs from this new gaucho pants and use a very drapery fabric you can also have another fantastic pair of pants. The possibilities are endless.
Leslie in Austin said... (5/23/05 5:50 PM) Reply
Hooray for cute gauchos! Not nearly as cute as my denim vest and gaucho set (paired with rust colored suede knee high boots--I was da bomb in 3rd grade), but still very cute! Nothing like satiating that inner obsessive sewing monster, huh.

Sewing Workshop Chicago Jacket