Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4760

USA
Member since: 6/14/11
Posted on:1/1/14 9:03 PM
Last Updated:1/1/14 9:08 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Kids(boys & girls)    Mens - Pants
PAMomof3 said... (3/16/15 9:54 AM) Reply
I'm so glad to hear that others have had problems! (Which sounds wrong, but you know what I mean.) It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I rely so much on the markings and always think the pattern makers know what they're doing, so it makes me feel like I'm at fault!
Darci Falin said... (12/3/14 1:15 PM) Reply
I know! I just finished these pants for my son (Boys, L). He hasn't tried them on yet because he's still at school, so I don't know about the big legs. However, THE WAISTBAND IS CRAZY. Absolutely. When I lined up the waist facing (there really isn't a "band" at all) to the top edge of the pants, I was able to do it, but it wasn't long enough on the left-front side. Or else, I really did not get how that was supposed to work. Plus, you're right. It's just weird. I didn't even put a button on because I can't see where it would go. The belt loops on the boys version are also way too small for a normal belt. Luckily I buy my patterns when they are on sale for $1 at Hancocks. I will not be making these again! Thank you for your review so I know I am not the only one! : D
BirdyBooo said... (6/14/14 9:30 AM) Reply
Wow, if I had to write a review for this pattern, it would sound exactly like yours! I had the same issue with the zipper and waist band, i had to basically redesigned the whole waist to a more traditional look. I also had to take 2" from the inside crotch because it was so big and baggy.

Understanding Knit Fabrics