Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 02-2004-10 (Biboverall)

Reviewed by:mammabear

About mammabear
OK USA
Member since: 5/1/05
Posted on:5/25/05 5:02 PM
Last Updated:10/31/05 8:04 AM

Levone said... (11/1/05 9:54 PM) Reply
You did a great job on both of these...very cute.
JDpenelope said... (11/1/05 5:47 AM) Reply
Another winner!
Mary Stiefer said... (10/31/05 9:03 AM) Reply
mammabear, these are just as cute as the first pair. Your children are certainly well dressed as a result of your great little projects.
whit said... (6/15/05 7:00 PM) Reply
Mom, no pocket on my overalls?!? Where am I supposed to put the worms and grasshoppers?? Nice job. Whit
Speech girl said... (5/26/05 4:02 PM) Reply
Mammabear--great job on the overalls--your little guy is adorable too. I'm sure I'll be making lots of overalls for my baby next fall/winter so I'll keep your review in mind. P.S. I like topstitching too (especially with my edge/joiner foot) . It's fun to make girl clothes, but there is something really satisfying about making boy's pants/overalls/jackets--especially from Ottobre patterns with the wonderful details.
mammabear said... (5/26/05 8:27 AM) Reply
Wow! Thank you for that website. UMX does have about everything you can think of. For anyone else looking, the part that you actually hook to the button is the "hook" Go figure! And you also need a "slider" to attach the end of the strap too. Plus, you'll need a button to hook onto. They don't have everything together, but they do have it all! Thanks!
dlronchi said... (5/26/05 5:50 AM) Reply
I love the designs and look of the ottobre clothes for kids. You might want to try UMX online for your buckles - they have about anything you can think of! Here is there website: http://www.umx.info/index.htm
Gloria Allender said... (5/26/05 2:21 AM) Reply
Your son is a real cutie! Great review. I will pull this issue out and make these for my DGS this fall. In the meantime I'll start looking for the 2-piece buckles you mention.
mammabear said... (5/25/05 6:31 PM) Reply
Thank you guys so much! I love PR! It makes me feel so appreciated. I have done some sewing for myself in the past, but none very recently. (I've changed sizes too much!) It's also been very recently that I've discovered pattern sources besides the big 4, which I was always very frusterated with. That's one reason I'm loving Ottobre so much--it's new to me! I just bought the Jalie T-shirt pattern since I've heard so much about it and I'm begging for a subscription to Burda WOF for my birthday. So, we'll see!
Mary Stiefer said... (5/25/05 6:11 PM) Reply
This is so cute and I love the trick with the buttons - really innovative.
Vonnevo said... (5/25/05 5:36 PM) Reply
Cute outfit and bub :))) A great review too. I looked up your past reviews and every garment is wonderful. Do you sew any clothing for yourself?
Jennie Pakula said... (5/25/05 5:34 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous, your son is such a cutie. They look really professional.

Christine Jonson Easy Coat