Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

About Miss Fairchildstarstarstarstar

Posted on:5/25/05 9:23 PM
Last Updated:5/25/05 9:23 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
MaryBeth said... (5/27/05 7:39 AM) Reply
Thanks, Beth. Appreciate seeing the project and your added details. I hope my water repellents fabrics get treated better than I would have done because of your helpful info!
Miss Fairchild said... (5/26/05 4:02 PM) Reply
Mary Beth, I have a photo now; hopefully you can see it well enough to get an idea. I didn't have to waterproof the seams as the coat's water "repellant", not waterproof, but having to make the outside seams in a French seam made the coat more "rainworthy". The water repellant fabric makes the coat somewhat stiff; that's why I should think it would look better if it had tucks in the shoulders and a little more fullness.
AnneM said... (5/26/05 4:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Beth. I'm looking for a hooded coat pattern (for "someday") and this is one I was looking at. I don't think this one will work for me, though.
MaryBeth said... (5/25/05 10:24 PM) Reply
Mauve! I'd love to see it. Have never worked with water repellent fabric but have just received some. Did you go so far as to waterproof the seams? I also found the KS patterns too plain. Thanks for your thoughts on this pattern.

by: janelouise