Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2489

GU USA
Posted on:7/5/05 1:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Muria said... (8/8/05 10:44 PM) Reply
Michelle reviewed the butterick nursing nightgown pattern (6886, recently made out of print). If you're looking for patterns with nursing options, www.elizabethlee.com (nayy) has a lot of patterns, and descriptions of the different styles of nursing openings so if you want to try to draft them yourself, you can get an idea of how to go about it. Wish I'd read your review before I made my elastic casing skirt, although I would have needed a lot of elastic to get around the waist I made. :)
New2Oki said... (7/6/05 2:17 PM) Reply
michellerene, I'd love to read about how you modified for nursing. which review was it? thanks!
purpleseamstress said... (7/5/05 5:23 PM) Reply
Very nice. I didn't sew maternity for myself. I wish I had, now.
michellerene said... (7/5/05 11:26 AM) Reply
This dress is very similar to the nursing nightgown pattern I recently reviewed & could easily be modified, if you're interested. Cute shorts! I totally agree about not very many maternity patterns... or at least not very many cute ones! And definitely not very many dresses.
mamamaia said... (7/5/05 10:39 AM) Reply
I'm making a pair of capri's for a friend from a burda pattern, I hope they work out as good as your shorts!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/5/05 9:07 AM) Reply
Very nice
Hilary said... (7/5/05 8:38 AM) Reply
Cute dress! And the shorts are nice too-good idea on the elastic, I remeber that when I was pregnant too :oP

Beginner Sewing Lab 101 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford