Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 900 (Carol's Jacket/Top)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:5/27/05 3:45 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
xela said... (5/28/05 1:15 PM) Reply
Clever use of all those embroidery stitches. Beautiful, fun jacket. It definitely does NOT look loving-hands-at-home made or hokey. The lining too is fun, like wearing fancy underwear-makes you smile all day long. Thank you for your review
Tini said... (5/28/05 1:07 PM) Reply
looks gorgeous not homemade.
AnneM said... (5/28/05 12:23 PM) Reply
My constructive criticism is to construct more just like that. Great decorative stitching; really makes it stand out. I prefer functional buttons, though.
PixieCat said... (5/28/05 4:06 AM) Reply
I love it! The decorative stitching is beautiful!
flowermama said... (5/28/05 3:04 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful use of decorative stitches!
PegL said... (5/27/05 10:29 PM) Reply
Your jacket is gorgeous! Looks like a designer original! Gotta love those wonderful 7570 stitches! ;>)
Karen Easter said... (5/27/05 10:11 PM) Reply
My husband just walked by while I had your jacket up on the screen, and he stopped and exclaimed "Wow! That's beautiful!"
BjP said... (5/27/05 9:25 PM) Reply
I think it looks wonderful and I'm impressed with your decorative stitches.
PVA said... (5/27/05 9:24 PM) Reply
Love your jacket! It has lots of what I would call designer touches! I usually don't use the term RTW -- most of the clothing manufacturers don't really perform up to the standards we seem to hold for ourselves. I like to compare something like this jacket to custom one-of-a-kind garments you'd find in a boutique. Your jacket can hold it's own anywhere! (I like the stripe fabric on the inside! A wonderful touch of whimsey!)
Peggy L said... (5/27/05 8:30 PM) Reply
Thanks guys! I am of the opinion just because I can do something doesn't necessarily mean I should! DJM - the pattern does have buttons/buttonholes but I changed that part. Mudcat - you are almost finished! The collar, cuffs, & band were easy to do just not the way I am used to doing things. Peggy Sagers uses a lot of these type of techniques. I took a class from her once - it was great. She is very personable.
mudcat said... (5/27/05 6:25 PM) Reply
I think it looks fine but I understand your concern. Your review has reminded me that I'm about 2/3s of the way through a jacket using this pattern. I have to admit I don't like the way she adds the cuffs, bottom band or collar which is why I haven't finished mine yet. But, I think I will now. :)
PattiK said... (5/27/05 6:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
DJM said... (5/27/05 6:10 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful. I like your decorative stitching in all those complementary color to blue denim. The buttons are interesting, decorative; they catch the light and provide textural contrast. I prefer functional buttons, but that would require something of a design change. Decorative buttonholes would be one possibility. Overall, a great-looking jacket. DJM
DJM said... (5/27/05 6:06 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful. I like your decorative stitching in all those complementary colors for blue denim. The buttons are interesting and decorative; they catch the light and provide textural contrast. I prefer functional buttons, but that would require something of a design change. Decorative buttonholes would be one possibility. Overall, a great-looking jacket. DJM
MaryBeth said... (5/27/05 6:01 PM) Reply
Not hokey, home-made! and here's another phrase I love that's it's not: becky home-ec-y (hehehehe) I love the colors and think it looks RTW and expensive. Congratulations!
CarolynGM said... (5/27/05 5:25 PM) Reply
Great job of making this pattern uniquely your own. I like the decorative stitching and the way you did the buttons.
Modiste Madness said... (5/27/05 4:12 PM) Reply
Doesn't look hokey, home-made, or tackey.It looks like a well made custom garment.
Princess Jenny said... (5/27/05 4:09 PM) Reply
Very, very nice. I love all the decorative stitching. :)
jlg said... (5/27/05 3:56 PM) Reply
I think that your jacket looks great. I like all of your added details.

Christine Jonson Travel Trio Three