Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5986 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:1/14/14 2:30 PM
Last Updated:1/14/14 2:40 PM

Butterick: 5986 by Ann Smith  Butterick: 5986 by Ann Smith
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
sfshaza said... (3/17/14 10:45 PM) Reply
This dress looks great, Ann! I wish I had seen your review before making mine! LOL
LoriMinnesota said... (2/7/14 10:11 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and am excited to see your review! Lots of good tips. I am somewhat of a beginner, so a little nervous to put this together. Your pointers on marking all the dots and notches I am sure will come in very handy. Unlike you, however, I am actually going to have to lengthen it! Haha! Looks great on you!!
SouthernStitch said... (2/6/14 9:46 AM) Reply
Missed you!! Glad you are back. Great review, and the dress is amazing.
Cartwrin said... (2/2/14 4:01 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, and particularly like the fabric. I didn't think I could pull off a dress like this but after reading your review, and seeming how great this dress looks, I've added it to my buy list.
GermanKleinigkeit said... (1/25/14 10:54 PM) Reply
Hi, I have missed you and the inspiring way you present your sewings. Welcome back! I also bought this pattern and am very happy to find already two reviews of it. A great dress.
Sharon M said... (1/16/14 8:25 PM) Reply
Welcome back! Was so excited to see a review by you when I logged into PR! And love this dress - I just bought this pattern and am now on the hunt for the perfect knit fabric.
Lynngray said... (1/15/14 7:04 PM) Reply
Great dress, glad too see you back!
DorothyK said... (1/15/14 11:21 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress. Perfect fabric.
VivianZ said... (1/15/14 8:23 AM) Reply
Great dress! you cant tell the fabric is sideways. Before I read that in the review, my thought was how nicely you placed the fabric. Congrats on your move, I know that is a lot of work, and now it is behind you. Good luck in your new home. And what fun meeting fellow sewists from PR.
wimmie said... (1/15/14 7:37 AM) Reply
love it love it love it. This is my first view of this pattern made up. you did a great job.
Fran G said... (1/15/14 7:29 AM) Reply
Welcome back! This is definitely an "Ann" dress…looks wonderful on you.
BillieJean said... (1/15/14 7:16 AM) Reply
Love your dress. I cut this pattern out of Ponte, but mine was too heavy. I'm looking for something lighter.
arianamaniacs said... (1/15/14 5:40 AM) Reply
Love this dress! Great use of that fabric for this style.
carolynw said... (1/14/14 5:37 PM) Reply
Missed you and glad to see you back -you have had quite the year. Your styling always encourages me to try harder. Your dress is lovely and looks wonderful on you and yes indeed I would love that view so much I might not do any sewing!
Quickie said... (1/14/14 5:30 PM) Reply
Seems so comfortable and it is beautiful on you
AnneMarie60 said... (1/14/14 4:56 PM) Reply
Love the fabric, the style, and the way it looks on you!
DesertMorning said... (1/14/14 4:51 PM) Reply
Ann - it is so good to read a review by you again -- and on a pattern I just purchased and am dying to try. It looks great on you. Fabulous, as always. Welcome back.
Barbara V said... (1/14/14 4:41 PM) Reply
Very stylish pattern and fabric...what a winner! It looks great on you.
Patti B said... (1/14/14 4:36 PM) Reply
Ann, great dress! The 2 reviews for this have encouraged me to move this up the 'to sew' list.
sew2little said... (1/14/14 3:22 PM) Reply
I too welcome you back; I wondered where you had been! Your first posted project from your fabulous new sewing room shows that your hiatus hasn't hampered your style! Great dress!
kkkkaty said... (1/14/14 2:45 PM) Reply
oh my gosh, let me be the first to welcome you back, missed your reviews. Thanks for the review, I have this pattern and am excited to make it up.

Understanding Knit Fabrics