Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 550 (Cowl Neck Blouse)

Reviewed by:FrammaJoy

Last Updated:1/19/14 11:12 AM

Silhouette Patterns: 550 by FrammaJoy  Silhouette Patterns: 550 by FrammaJoy
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
MamaSewing said... (1/20/14 9:02 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you!
Loop51 said... (1/19/14 6:08 PM) Reply
The top looks great, I made two of them and I love them. The back neckline needs to be stabilized if you use a knit. I just serge the sleeves smaller from the elbow down as I like to push them up during the day. No buttons, no extra width.
threaddy said... (1/19/14 11:14 AM) Reply
Excellent looking. I also like the drape of the cowl ...just a bit not too much. the fabric is yummy as well.
redside said... (1/19/14 10:39 AM) Reply
Cute results! I always love your smile.
ASiverson said... (1/19/14 10:31 AM) Reply
PS The link from Elona works and I am loving the blog!
ASiverson said... (1/19/14 10:22 AM) Reply
The top is cute and looks great on you! I love the expression on your face, it matches your "name" FrammaJoy! I will try Elona's link to your blog and see if it works. TFS, FrammaJoy and Elona, et al!
Annette Wright said... (1/19/14 9:28 AM) Reply
What a stylish top. I'm still new to Silhouette patterns and read all the reviews. I love your blog too.
sew4grands said... (1/19/14 9:04 AM) Reply
Hi Joy, nice to see you posting again. Your top looks great.
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/19/14 7:59 AM) Reply
Cool match of fabric to pattern. LIKE a lot!
Elona said... (1/19/14 2:39 AM) Reply
I think this is the proper link to your blogspot: http://www.joyful-expressions.blogspot.com/ and there we can see all the views of this very nice top. I especially like the neckline, as you do, for the very slight drape there, but I can see the problems you note. That sleeve is truly strange in this day and age, with the fullness taken in by a button and buttonhole arrangement. Peggy says the sleeve of any of her tops will fit into the armhole of any other top, but I have overlaid this cowl top onto several of her top patterns whose sleeves I prefer, and BOY, are they in no way similar!
Tricia Plummer said... (1/19/14 0:40 AM) Reply
Really cute top but I couldn't see it on your blog either. Where did you get the fabric? I love it!
Elona said... (1/18/14 11:26 PM) Reply
Durn burn it! The top is REALLY cute, but those links are not working
Rhoda K said... (1/18/14 11:18 PM) Reply
Oops.
Howderj said... (1/18/14 11:03 PM) Reply
I couldn't see your blog post :( looks great though