Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3988 (Misses Yoga Pants)

Reviewed by:treefrog

About treefrogstarstarstarstar
Member since: 2/13/08
Posted on:1/21/14 4:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Activewear
Sue Parrott said... (12/29/14 3:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for the VH review on these! I am cutting into them now!
Katharine in BXL said... (11/1/14 8:22 AM) Reply
Wow you did a terrific job from your Lululemon inspiration piece. Thanks a lot for the candid review. We're both out of the States and imported patterns are expensive.
Margaret said... (2/4/14 12:21 PM) Reply
Sorry to hear view A didn't work out/wasn't as illustrated. But the shorts and your modifications look great!
julie w said... (1/23/14 2:20 AM) Reply
Love your version with the fab waistband.
PattyGee said... (1/22/14 9:56 AM) Reply
Another great review treefrog. Thank you for the "View A" comments. I recently bought this pattern and hope to make it soon. Very clever waistband and style addition to the legs.
ceedee said... (1/22/14 7:46 AM) Reply
Very much appreciate your saving me the time and frustration. Am looking for a pattern like this but will continue looking. Again, thanks for the heads-up!
Sharonspils said... (1/21/14 9:51 PM) Reply
I really appreciate your honest review of this pattern as I have also purchased it and was going to give view A a go, but so glad view B worked out. Love your waistband detail and hope you don't mind if I copy at some stage.
leoniep said... (1/21/14 9:47 PM) Reply
Love the waistband.
renren said... (1/21/14 4:59 PM) Reply
Oh, oh, oh--I love that little treefrog logo. And the paperdoll cutout tabs took me back in time. Plus your handling of the images has become quite skillful. Love these shorts. My KS 3115 was also on the thinner paper and the back envelope shows NY,NY as opposed to the older Minneapolis, MN headquarters for KS. I really wished the thicker paper were still in use--so much more durable and easier to manipulate. I guess I understand it on a cost basis. I did wonder if the quality of instructions would suffer with the buy-out. Sounds like this KS might be totally under the new regime with no vestiges of the old KS. This reminds me of other products I have seen when a company was bought out and the product still carried the older name/logo but finally it was obvious the quality was no longer there. Still, you prevailed and got some quality looking activewear. I like the Lululemon inspiration for the waistband. Good going, treefrog.
velosewer said... (1/21/14 4:59 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I'm not certain I want to try this pattern after your experience.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/21/14 4:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review TF. I have just got this pattern and was going to trial View A so will have to have a think about it now. Great modifications and the waistband looks very on-trend.
sewing for fun said... (1/21/14 4:28 PM) Reply
so glad you did a review! They are super cute - you are so wonderfully creative with your active wear!