Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5927 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:MrsCharisma

About MrsCharismastarstarstarstar
Member since: 2/1/13
Posted on:1/26/14 5:54 PM

Butterick: 5927 by MrsCharisma  Butterick: 5927 by MrsCharisma
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Available for sale on PR: $2.99 $18.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $2.99 $18.95 Pattern Details
sarah121haras said... (2/9/14 7:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! For all the trouble you had it looks amazing! Your construction looks impeccable.
sarah121haras said... (2/9/14 7:41 PM) Reply
fattyboomboom said... (1/28/14 2:02 PM) Reply
Well you look so cute in it, no one could tell you were upset! Thanks for the great review.
SewLibra said... (1/28/14 0:00 AM) Reply
Your review is cracking me up. I'm sorry you're so mad, (been there), but in the end your jacket has a wonderful fit! Thanks for including the bag lining tute.
MrsCharisma said... (1/27/14 4:03 PM) Reply
Thanks Carolyn! :)
carolynw said... (1/27/14 1:02 PM) Reply
It looks nice on you but seems it was a whole lot of work - look at it as a learning experience for your first lined jacket. IMHO you should add buttons and jazz it up
carolynw said... (1/27/14 1:01 PM) Reply
MrsCharisma said... (1/27/14 10:28 AM) Reply
Thanks all! I am wearing it today and yes, I am glad I kept going because now I'm sure that with a "good" pattern I can produce a fabulous jacket :) But I still won't make this pattern up again. Time to cull!
1SewSweet said... (1/27/14 4:56 AM) Reply
Very, very nice jacket! It is worth everything you had to go through to make it a success!
msschiel said... (1/26/14 10:43 PM) Reply
It looks cute, too bad it didn't work out for you. Maybe you can find a similar style that actually works out!
Jrhee said... (1/26/14 10:12 PM) Reply
I think it looks great! Thanks for the link to the sleeve lining trick. Must try that myself next time!
Sue Parrott said... (1/26/14 10:02 PM) Reply
It's very cute...I wish it had been a better experience but I have to say I know exactly what you are talking about! Take my advice and if you hate a pattern, put it in the Goodwill pile!
michellep74 said... (1/26/14 8:59 PM) Reply
Great-looking jacket! Aren't you glad you persevered?
trudiz said... (1/26/14 8:53 PM) Reply
Thank you for the very helpful review. I appreciate that you shared this experience. I will steer clear of this pattern for sure.
canei said... (1/26/14 8:28 PM) Reply
I like it. I love the fabric and the color!!!!
careymoonbeam said... (1/26/14 8:00 PM) Reply
Egads! Thanks for the warning. How fortunate that you are such an accomplished seamstress and were able to make a great looking jacket in the end.
Adaire said... (1/26/14 7:22 PM) Reply
It looks nice on you but I know that feeling. I always love your reviews because our measurements are nearly identical except my hips are an inch or two smaller.
MrsCharisma said... (1/26/14 6:31 PM) Reply
Couturemum I have an extra copy that you can bloody HAVE! LOL!!! :) Thanks ladies. Could have been first timers "luck" but goodness gracious...I'll wear it for sure.
Couturemum said... (1/26/14 6:20 PM) Reply
Great review. I think the jacket looks great on you and made me tempted to buy the pattern on that alone, but I might wait until I get a little more practice on jackets!
slmstyle said... (1/26/14 6:07 PM) Reply
Too bad for all the mishaps of this pattern as I really like the style and it looks great on you! Thanks for your helpful review of this pattern and I will keep your warnings in mind if I sew this jacket.

by: demoiselle