Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8982 (Misses' Jacket and Vest)

Reviewed by:acmena

About acmenastar
NSW Australia
Member since: 8/7/13
Posted on:1/31/14 7:48 PM
Last Updated:1/31/14 7:48 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

VintageTempest said... (11/9/14 7:12 PM) Reply
Whew! I thought I was the only one who had problems with this pattern. I made view A and really didn't like it. The shoulders seemed way to big and my sleeves hung funny. Plus they were way too long. I had even shortened them, but it was not enough. I normally love her patterns, but this one is not for me. Thanks for a good review.
Sarah Liz said... (6/27/14 8:04 PM) Reply
I agree, I took one look at the vest and thought there is no way that would work - it is so huge in the armholes, you can see straight through!! I think the jacket could be used as a short sleeve blouse though.
sew magic said... (5/5/14 3:13 PM) Reply
Thank you for your straightforward review of this top. I thought, after reading all of the other reviews, that the fit of this jacket was wrong, but just on me. I used a silk noil as mu muslin. It seems to pull in the wrong places, i.e. neck and shoulders, yet the sleeves are too large, and I shortened the shoulder length twice but it still looks like it is hanging way off my shoulders. I did a FBA and that area was fine, but it still seemed to fit oddly on me. I love the look of it but probably also will not try it again, as I have spent way too much time prodding it along!
margk said... (4/9/14 5:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I also have narrow shoulders and was initially interested in this as a top, so I won't now :)
marthamyers said... (2/2/14 7:47 PM) Reply
I am finishing up this view just now. Somehow I thought it was a top instead of a vest. My mistake though - you are totally right about the armscye. Way too low for a sleeveless top. I decided to add darts because, as you say, it needs them. And I added a lining once I got my head around the fact that it is a vest rather than a top. I think it is intended to be layered under the jacket and so the jacket is sized slightly larger.
TJSEWS said... (2/1/14 4:17 PM) Reply
Thank you for your honest review. I purchased this pattern and will reference your review when I work on the muslin. I too thought it was odd that the knit had the darts while the woven did not.
trudiz said... (2/1/14 10:09 AM) Reply
sorry. hit the save button twice, tried to delete, didn't happen.
trudiz said... (2/1/14 10:09 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I also noticed the darts on the knit, but not on the woven. Didn't make sense to me either. Anyway, it's on my stack of "next" muslins. I'm going to give it a go - - with notes from your review.

Burda 9511