Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4538 (18" Doll bed and quilts)

Reviewed by:keric

About kericstar
WA USA
Member since: 1/31/05
Posted on:6/1/05 3:48 PM
Last Updated:6/1/05 3:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Crafts

Sweater knit fabrics

safron2a said... (6/3/13 10:27 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for posting your review! Your instructions are so concise and your version is exceptional. After reading this, I am ready to begin my GD's birthday present.
Tesla121 said... (6/9/05 4:55 AM) Reply
I love the colors! I don't have daughters or nieces but I'm gonna have fun making this up for my own Magic Attic doll! Thanks for the review and tip on using fabric adhesive spray.
flowermama said... (6/2/05 9:58 AM) Reply
Keri - what a cool project and you did an awesome job! I'm sure your dn will treasure this.
PixieCat said... (6/2/05 4:00 AM) Reply
Keric, it's absolutely beautiful! The colors are stunning and all that work on the binding paid off. Your DN is a lucky girl!
Georgene said... (6/1/05 10:03 PM) Reply
So cute. Boy oh boy, I would have loved this when I was that age. You get lots of points for this one, and no doubt your own girls will be clamoring....great opportunity for the girls to exercise their designer's eye in choosing the fabrics and colors.
sosoatsewing said... (6/1/05 9:23 PM) Reply
Keri
I'm so happy that you got it finished and it looks great! What a big accomplishment ! You may have inspired me to try and break out of my sewing rut...wonderful job!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/1/05 6:49 PM) Reply
Wow Keric - what a great job. This looks fantastic. I'm sure it will be appreciated as will all of your hard work.
PVA said... (6/1/05 5:09 PM) Reply
Bravo, Keri! The project all completed is just awesome & this review is really great! I love all the pix of each item, & the whole thing put together is just darling. Thanks so much for all the time & effort you put into all of it, you are an inspiration for all of us. I just wish I could be there to see your DNiece's reaction! God love you all.
SewVeryTall said... (6/1/05 5:07 PM) Reply
This is just adorable, Keri, your DN will love it! Thanks for the credit, and you're welcome, but *you* did it :)
Nickle said... (6/1/05 5:06 PM) Reply
Oh you did such a nice job and the purple and pink fabric goes so well together, I bet she just loves it.
keric said... (6/1/05 4:25 PM) Reply
Peggy, she is actually more into the Today Girls, than she is the actual American Girls. I think if she read the books, she'd want one of the original AG dolls, though. She got one that has brown hair and blue eyes, and then she got Marisol, which is this year's limited edition doll. She loves them both, and carts them everywhere!!!!
Peggy L said... (6/1/05 4:22 PM) Reply
Keric - your DN is going to be so thrilled! What a very special gift! Everything looks wonderful and she picked such cute fabric. I always loved sewing for the AG dolls - the DDs outgrew them before I did! Which dolls did your DN get?

Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic