Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5009 (Boot Skirt)

Reviewed by:Tiner W

About Tiner Wstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 8/29/02
Posted on:7/30/05 9:32 AM
Last Updated:7/30/05 9:11 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
CSM--Carla said... (8/19/06 11:23 PM) Reply
Tiner, You choose gorgeous fabrics! these skirts are lovely on you!
Gigi Louis said... (8/6/05 3:23 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
ErickaD said... (8/2/05 11:52 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks fabulous on you. I have both Brussels & Boot Skirt patterns and was trying to figure out which would look better and to try first. I pulled the boot skirt pattern out recently to make a grey matte jersey skirt. Thanks for reaffirming my decision.
Danvillegirl said... (7/31/05 7:24 PM) Reply
Lovely skirts. I too have never thought of using onionskin for a skirt. Interesting idea. Very helpful review.
Sharon M said... (7/31/05 2:24 PM) Reply
I love the version made from the EOS Belle Epoche onionskin. I wouldn't have thought of making a straight skirt with an onionskin. They all look good on you.
ldpaulson said... (7/31/05 12:39 PM) Reply
I love straight, boot-cut skirts and am typically iffy about slits. Despite this bias, your review makes me want to try this pattern. What sold me what the helpful informationi about your variation with onionskin -- and your results. It looks great! And, like Deepika, since I don't have the Brussels pattern, this may be a good option for me. Has anyone tried them without the slits for a modified hobble skirt?
JDpenelope said... (7/31/05 8:46 AM) Reply
Great skirts, and I also appreciate your use of these fine fabrics. I haven't had your good luck with the Brussels skirt, probably because I used fabric that was too heavy and crisp. This sleek pattern with side seems has more appeal to me.
ryan's mom said... (7/31/05 8:41 AM) Reply
Very nice-looking skirt with a flattering fit!
PixieCat said... (7/31/05 5:21 AM) Reply
Your skirts are very flattering! I've never made a skirt with onionskin but will now. Thanks for the detailed review.
AnneFromLambourn said... (7/31/05 4:57 AM) Reply
Love the cardigan too, is that reviewed somewhere please? Really good outfit.
Modiste Madness said... (7/30/05 11:07 PM) Reply
You favorite is mine also, but all of them look good. I think I like the idea of the pegged hem and may have to try it. I am a brussels fan also.
Leora said... (7/30/05 10:50 PM) Reply
Love it! Thank you for your details and the comparison is so appreciated. I have lots of onionskin but never considered making skirts with it. Your review has inspired me!
jlg said... (7/30/05 5:45 PM) Reply
Very nice looking on you. Great looking outfit.
Patti B said... (7/30/05 10:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for comparing the two patterns -- I'm a big believer in the Brussels skirt and wondered if I needed this one too. Of course I do! BTW you look like a 'professional librarian' not a prim one. VBG

by: geraldine