Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5402 (Butterfly Bag)

Reviewed by:KarmenG

About KarmenGstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 1/3/03
Posted on:6/6/05 11:04 PM
Last Updated:6/7/05 0:09 AM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/19/06 1:42 PM) Reply
I'm just about to write a review of this bag, and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say. I think this bag would look smashing cut down to evening depth, and made from a fabulous silk ottoman! -Ann
Danvillegirl said... (6/8/05 5:47 AM) Reply
Love your bag. Thank you and Sewyrabbit for the detailed help to making this up. I am adding this to my wishlist.
sewywabbit said... (6/8/05 1:23 AM) Reply
Lois your bag turned out great! Thanks for the pressing tip and I hope your niece loves the bag!
MickeyFan said... (6/7/05 2:48 PM) Reply
Terrrific bag; you have a very lucky niece! I may just have to venture into purse making some day. A very inspiring review.
jemgirlca said... (6/7/05 10:11 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I'm thinking about making this bag, so this is very helpful. Looks great!
Teri said... (6/7/05 9:19 AM) Reply
Very stylish bag, and a great review. Thanks!
Gigi Louis said... (6/7/05 7:06 AM) Reply
What a beautiful bag! I know your niece will love it.
Cambric Tea said... (6/7/05 6:52 AM) Reply
How elegant! I love your bag. Thank you for the great review, very helpful!
tigger said... (6/7/05 1:38 AM) Reply
Great job! Every since I saw sewyrabbits review I've been wanting to buy this pattern! I love LH's patterns and really enjoyed making the weekender bag. I've been trying to convince myself that I don't NEED another bag pattern but - well you've changed my mind! Thanks! :)
otis said... (6/6/05 11:31 PM) Reply
Great bag, but I agree with you it could be more shallow. This bigger / deeper version could have a longer set of handles and/or more bulky. Even though the "handle part" is reinforced with boning to handle the weight and keep it straight the scale length is just a tad off for the over all depth of the bag. Great fabric . I've been thinking of a few cloth bags for the summer that have enough beef to them to handle my pack rat tendancies, but I need to curb that tendancy with bags that allow room for not much beyond a wallet and keys... I broke my back in the '80s with one of those suit case sized soft shoulder room for the kitchen sink bags! Thanks for a viable and safe option!
mudcat said... (6/6/05 11:16 PM) Reply
Very impressive job on the bag. It looks great.

by: LM2HYD