Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6630 (Making History)

Reviewed by:jenka

About jenka
Member since: 6/7/05
Posted on:6/7/05 9:31 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

Vesta Patterns

Kristina Leigh said... (1/22/06 10:23 PM) Reply
I'm guessing that the reason for bust adjustment issues is because of the ideal shape of the Empire/Regency period. The whole style of the era isn't very busty-type friendly. I'm curious about the gowns of the larger women, because we rarely see them. Maybe that should be my next research topic...hmm...
Liv said... (10/18/05 2:32 PM) Reply
How beautiful! I just finished all your reviews, and your dresses have left me inspired and awestruck! They are beautifully made! I'd love to see more!
flowermama said... (6/10/05 1:29 AM) Reply
Sooo cool, I love your adaptation into the wicked queen!
AnneM said... (6/8/05 4:35 AM) Reply
Very cute. Great adaptation of the pattern for a different use. And it sounds like this pattern would be just perfect for my bust! ;)
Quesie said... (6/8/05 0:34 AM) Reply
What remarkable costumes you've made. I look forward to learning more about how you've learned to sew, and what you wear when you're not in royal garments! More details about your custom designing, please! That collar is mindboggling.
gabrielle said... (6/8/05 0:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful, and you must wear it again.
Kris32 said... (6/7/05 11:30 PM) Reply
Wow. Wow. That is cool. Nice work!
Stacy Sews said... (6/7/05 10:15 PM) Reply
I love your fabric choices as well. Great costume!
KiwiWendy said... (6/7/05 7:15 PM) Reply
oooh, who wouldn't want to be the wicked queen if we had your dress!
Modiste Madness said... (6/7/05 5:46 PM) Reply
Annika said... (6/7/05 4:29 PM) Reply
Another stunning costume! Love your sense of drama, choice of colors. Great job! You're an inspiration.
Mary Reed said... (6/7/05 4:12 PM) Reply
Jenka - several reviewers on the Greater Bay Area Costumer's Guild ( say that this particular pattern needs a full bust adjustment if you have ANY bust. One "nearly A" reviewer said it fit her perfectly. I love your dress!
Tiner W said... (6/7/05 2:05 PM) Reply
I wanna be a wicked queen!!! Or at least wear the dress!
Hilary said... (6/7/05 1:27 PM) Reply
Wow, beautiful!! Very dramatic, that fabric is luscious!
Janie Viers said... (6/7/05 12:15 PM) Reply
You might need a full bust adjustment if you are larger than a B cup. This is the perfect Lucretia Borgia dress! I seldom ease sleeves anymore, choosing to sew with the sleeve against the feed dogs to facilitate easing. Or you can ease on the sleeve by "crowding" which just means you sew the ease line while keeping your finger behind the presser foot to "crowd" the fabric. JanieV
The Renaissance Girl said... (6/7/05 11:45 AM) Reply
*thud* Wow, your dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! Vey dramatic and intimidating.
Gigi Louis said... (6/7/05 9:46 AM) Reply
I don't normally read costume reviews but I'm glad I saw your photo! What a beautiful gown - very wicked indeed. :-)