Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6648 (Misses' Blouses)

Reviewed by:SAMBoddy

About SAMBoddystar
Member since: 5/6/09
Posted on:2/27/14 4:32 PM

McCall's: 6648 by SAMBoddy  McCall's: 6648 by SAMBoddy

jjosiejo said... (3/2/14 5:11 AM) Reply
I am so impressed with your pattern matching - great job! This would work really well with some linen trousers and sandals on a hot summer day... Not frumpy at all!
grey ann said... (3/1/14 11:30 AM) Reply
In a fitting session I learned that many women are sewing with a pattern that is too big - this happens because we go by the bust measurement. But if you are larger than a B cup, that means the blouse will be too big in the shoulders, etc. Start with the upper bust measurement, and then do a Full bust adjustment. (Google it - lots of info out there.) It's not difficult to do. This will give you a better fitting bodice. If you are larger than a B cup, you will always need a dart or seam shaping (princess) or you must expect a looser baggier fit. While your blouse doesn't look awful, I think the extra fabric in the sleeves and the very large armscyes add extra fabric that you don't need. It is pretty though, and you did a good job placing the print.
LizJ58 said... (2/28/14 3:41 PM) Reply
I'm a size 18/20 and have this on my list. But I'm using a mesh knit (plan to line the bodice). I think doing this shirt in a fabric with a softer hand and more drape might be more flattering on a more curvy woman.I'm thinking of now the sleeve width a little now, after seeing your review.
Mc Donna said... (2/28/14 9:52 AM) Reply
Super job on matching the print. Looks like a nice comfy top. As others said, you may want to play with the cut and make something you'd be happy with.
PammyC said... (2/28/14 8:29 AM) Reply
It looks nice on you, and the colors are very flattering
FreyaStark said... (2/28/14 2:28 AM) Reply
I agree with beginagain. I think this blouse has potential, and if you could be bothered making changes, you might be able to turn it into something you like.
Samantha82 said... (2/28/14 0:13 AM) Reply
I don't feel like the blouse is unflattering on you... I think if you added bust darts it would be a super shirt. Good job
beginagain said... (2/27/14 10:28 PM) Reply
Nice matching on front. Maybe remove that sleeve band and try narrowing the sleeve. I might try angling the hem.
nothy lane said... (2/27/14 7:51 PM) Reply
I think it looks very nice on you. I love the fabric

Sewing Workshop Oasis Skirt Pattern