Pattern Reviews> Burda> 3026 (dress)

Reviewed by:manu4sam

About manu4sam
AR USA
Member since: 9/28/04
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:6/8/05 11:11 PM
Last Updated:6/9/05 11:02 PM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
sosoatsewing said... (6/10/05 2:20 PM) Reply
Nice dress..I usually use a elastic loop too, I had to ask on the boards hw to do a real button loop, but my dd has long hair, so it's not like it ever gets seen anyway...
Frogstitcher said... (6/10/05 8:31 AM) Reply
Adorable dress. I love the rick rack trim. The elastic loop for the button closure is a brilliant idea. I agree that you probably will find it to be much more practical.
Hilary said... (6/10/05 8:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for adding the pic! The dress is precious, and I think the elastic loop is actually more practical-it will be much easier to get it "buttoned"!
KathleenS said... (6/10/05 7:33 AM) Reply
Your dress is very cute, and isn't it nice that you can sew a dress featuring your little girl's favourite cartoons. I made a Burda magazine pattern which was the same style as this only with a zip down the back, and in toddler sizes. It is possible to do the button loop with the needle and thread technique, though I know it seems impossible. Otherwise a hairpin can also be used, or you can buy tube turning tools that are excellent though expensive (depends how much you need it).
manu4sam said... (6/10/05 5:47 AM) Reply
I will post a picture of her wearing it ... when she wears it, she tells her friends, "My mommy made this.." ... Aaawwww!! Makes me feel soo good!
CarolynGM said... (6/10/05 4:59 AM) Reply
Cute dress. I bet your DD looks adorable in it.
Marita Kinnula said... (6/9/05 11:43 PM) Reply
CUTE!!!
manu4sam said... (6/9/05 5:19 PM) Reply
Thank you! We had problems getting the digital camera to work, but tonite I'll ask hubby if he can help me, since I have another project (a baby shower gift) that I want to capture before I'll give it away. Anyhow, the dress is made with My Little Pony fabric, my daughter currently favorite cartoon.
bunz said... (6/9/05 8:34 AM) Reply
congrats on your first review!! Those button loop things are hard to learn any other way but in person, so kudos to you for using a great alternative.
Hilary said... (6/9/05 7:44 AM) Reply
The dress sounds adorable! This looks like a perfect beginner's (or even just busy) sewer's pattern. I love Burda too! And Kwik Sew, if you get a chance-the drawings are bad, but the clothes come out great! They're worth the $$, definitely. Welcome to PR!
sosoatsewing said... (6/9/05 5:57 AM) Reply
There is a thread regarding how to make a button loop in the messgae board. Your dress sounds nice, do you have a picture of it?

The Technique of Underlining Garments