Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1211 (Santa Monica Tee)

Reviewed by:dvazz

About dvazzstar
MO USA
Member since: 8/15/03
Posted on:6/9/05 4:54 PM
Last Updated:6/9/05 4:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
ryan's mom said... (2/5/06 3:49 PM) Reply
That is such a lovely top and your review has been very helpful to me.
Teri said... (6/12/05 9:46 AM) Reply
Your top looks great. I have not tried this pattern line yet, but I have tried Loes Hines and love them. With all of the good TS reviews I just might have to try one:)
Liane M said... (6/12/05 5:17 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love Textile Studio patterns too! You may want to try Loes Hinse's patterns, if you haven't yet. They give similar results. I have never had a wadder from either of these pattern lines.
JDpenelope said... (6/11/05 7:00 AM) Reply
I like your "looser" fit, also. I made this top, but chose the wrong sizing and it was much too small. Your review makes me want to try again!
AnneM said... (6/10/05 7:40 PM) Reply
Repeat reviews are definitely worth while. For one thing, it introduces newer PR-ers to the pattern. And might just tip those of us who don't yet have the pattern over that "do I / don't I" edge. Nice top.
Lisa Laree said... (6/10/05 8:14 AM) Reply
Looks very RTW! Glad you've been inspired to write some more reviews! :)
Liana said... (6/9/05 8:24 PM) Reply
It looks great, and I don't notice a shoulder problem either. You look very curvy and feminine.
MaryBeth said... (6/9/05 7:07 PM) Reply
Darling on you. Raglan sleeves do accent the slope of a sloping shoulder but I don't see the silhouette you present in this top as producing the effect you mention. I think you look ladylike and lovely!
Kath said... (6/9/05 6:49 PM) Reply
Marsha is thinking about a new line of patterns. Call and encourage her.
CarolynGM said... (6/9/05 5:34 PM) Reply
I think your top looks great on you, shoulders included. I've made this too, and I think the shoulder dart helps widen the shoulder line ever so slightly.
PVA said... (6/9/05 5:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- I think your top looks just great! I don't notice the "sloping shoulders" either. Still don't see it now that you've told us about them. (grin) I like the length you came up with & I definitely like this pattern.
Patti B said... (6/9/05 5:05 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on you and didn't notice the sloping shoulder emphasis. Isn't it funny how we always see our flaws instead of our successes? This is a success!

The Technique of Underlining Garments