Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB013CB

Member since: 1/3/03
Posted on:6/12/05 7:19 PM
Last Updated:6/12/05 7:30 PM

tabgrl said... (1/6/10 1:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info on the handle...this helps alot!
hat-and-bag-lady said... (3/27/08 6:08 PM) Reply
With this review, and a bit of sewing experience, I think that you could probably guess what the actual pattern is all about. I've been thinking about purchasing this pattern and will keep on thinking about it. I'm not terribly fond of Amy Butler Designs (It sounds so egotistical, and most of the bags aren't anything I'd like to carry about.) but this one has caught my eye. I'm thinking still about purchasing this pattern.
lazylol said... (4/16/06 12:49 PM) Reply
Excellent review - thanks. I love the fabric you used - gorgeous bag!
Deepika said... (6/13/05 12:48 PM) Reply
Very nice bag! Thanks for all the tips too.
KarmenG said... (6/13/05 8:56 AM) Reply
That tape is called Tiger or Tigger tape I think. I bought it from Nancy's Notions or Clotilde. The lines are marked to use as a guide for even stitching when embellishing or hand stitching. It doesn't mark the fabric.
melgosews said... (6/13/05 8:17 AM) Reply
Thank you for the introduction (for me anyways) to this line of purse patterns and all of the details. They have a new customer. Great bag! Could you tell me about the striped tape(?) you used on to mark the opening?
BjP said... (6/13/05 7:44 AM) Reply
Love your fabric choices and this sounds like a really good pattern. Thanks for the detailed and helpful review!
KarmenG said... (6/13/05 7:24 AM) Reply
Karen P - You can buy Wonder Under at JoAnn's in the interfacing section. It's sold by the yard. I also used it to fuse the opening at the top after turning the bag right side out.
tigger said... (6/13/05 4:12 AM) Reply
This is such a great bag - and a wonderful review! I love making bags and am always looking for the next one to try - thanks!
KarenP said... (6/13/05 0:28 AM) Reply
Very helpful! Especially the information about using Wonder Under to avoid having to topstitch twice. I was not happy about doing that, but saw no other way. Where do you get Wonder Under?
keric said... (6/13/05 0:19 AM) Reply
Love the purse! I'm in love with Amy Butler's patterns and fabric, although I haven't used any yet! I'm definitely going to have to order one (and some of her fabric, too)!
sheree said... (6/12/05 11:20 PM) Reply
Love your bag and the accessories. Thanks for the very helpful review, I think I'll have to make this!
KarmenG said... (6/12/05 10:27 PM) Reply
I bought the fabric a local quilt store called Cozy Cottage Fabrics in Brea, Calif www.cozycottagefabrics.com
drsue said... (6/12/05 7:47 PM) Reply
I'm sold! I just love your purse. Where did you get that fabric? Leah's?
Peggy L said... (6/12/05 7:45 PM) Reply
Excellent review and beautiful bag and accessories. Your topstitching is beautiful.
deetlebug said... (6/12/05 7:35 PM) Reply
Very good and helpful review. Thanks for all the details. Your bag turned out very cute.
els said... (6/12/05 7:31 PM) Reply
What a nice and beautiful birthday gift.The fabric with the matching lining is a great find, thanks for the review.

Other Built By Wendy Dresses