Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8772 (Misses Blouse)

Review submitted in 2014 Fitted Blouse - Skill Level INTERMEDIATE Contest

Last Updated:4/1/14 4:59 AM
Vogue Patterns: 8772 by Rpilver Vogue Patterns: 8772 by Rpilver
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Margaret said... (4/6/14 12:29 PM) Reply
Looks great on you! I love the print and color.
madbadger said... (4/4/14 10:18 PM) Reply
I love this!
Arted said... (4/4/14 4:16 PM) Reply
Great job
LlanoGirl said... (4/1/14 8:54 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this! I am getting ready to sew a fitted blouse, something I havn't done in a long time - I hope it turns out as pretty as yours!
ISewedIt said... (3/31/14 11:55 PM) Reply
Great fit and pretty fabric!
Erin Sooit said... (3/31/14 11:22 PM) Reply
Pretty blouse! Thanks for your review.
Sew Good said... (3/31/14 10:51 PM) Reply
Perfect fit and I love the print!
kajero said... (3/31/14 6:24 PM) Reply
How gorgeous. The blouse is beautiful and the fit is fantastic!
annem54 said... (3/31/14 11:22 AM) Reply
Nice blouse, fresh print. Thank you, FreyaStark for your helpful tips which I will try as I took struggled with sleeve head. Thank you ArtAttack, too
hopflower said... (3/31/14 10:07 AM) Reply
You did a really nice job on this blouse. It looks great, and the fabric is fun and whimsical.
threaddy said... (3/31/14 9:44 AM) Reply
Wonderful review. thank you so much for the sizing info! Your blouse looks fantastic. I love the way you have it opened with a camisole under it. You did an excellent job of sewing... and have reached the benefit of looks perfect on you!!!!
supizoo said... (3/31/14 7:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric, beautiful blouse.
Danvillegirl said... (3/31/14 5:30 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
Quickie said... (3/31/14 2:31 AM) Reply
Very nice for summer..great work
FreyaStark said... (3/31/14 1:34 AM) Reply
A great shirt. I love green! To reduce fullness at the top of a sleeve, spread the gathers by stitching your gathering thread between the notches on the tissue, not between the dots (which are placed higher up). Second, attach the sleeve to the body of the blouse before stitching the side and sleeve seams rather than after, regardless of what the instructions say. Then stitch the side and sleeve seams in one fell swoop, from hem to cuff. (This method also makes stitching french seams at the sides and on the sleeves easier.) Third, sewing with the gathered (sleeve) side down and the smooth side (ie the body of the blouse) facing you makes it easier to manoeuvre over the gathers. I have made many shirts this way with good results.
imsewcrazy said... (3/30/14 10:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the fabric!!!And this is your first blouse pattern???? AMAZING!!!
ArtAttack said... (3/30/14 10:05 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt! You did a really nice job on it. I usually cut my sleeve caps at least a size smaller than the rest of the pattern. This really helps to avoid puckering.
MarjorieSews said... (3/30/14 8:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Great fit on you.
Mahogany Stylist said... (3/30/14 8:46 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse. Love your choice of fabric. Thank for your helpful review.
Christas said... (3/30/14 8:15 PM) Reply
No one would ever guess that this was your first time to sew a blouse or your first time to sew with voile fabric. Your sewing is lovely and the blouse looks so nice on you!
jannw said... (3/30/14 7:54 PM) Reply
Great job and a great fabric! Enjoy wearing it!
TJSEWS said... (3/30/14 7:17 PM) Reply
This blouse is beautiful! I love the happy colorful print.
Rpilver said... (3/30/14 7:06 PM) Reply
You are right! It does have the 70's look to it! Makes sense, since I am a 70's girl and I loved the 70's!
Twinset said... (3/30/14 6:59 PM) Reply
Love it! It has a nice 70's vibe to it! Thanks for the inspiration - I have the same fabric in a different colourway and never knew what to do with it - now I know!
MrsCharisma said... (3/30/14 6:53 PM) Reply
What gorgeous fabric! I really like it on you!