Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5894 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:SavageCoco

Last Updated:3/25/14 2:08 PM

Butterick: 5894 by SavageCoco  Butterick: 5894 by SavageCoco
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
auntiepati said... (12/1/14 12:31 PM) Reply
Gorgeous...Just Gorgeous...love the review..DH's jaw must have dropped when he saw you in this stunner!!!
michellela said... (11/18/14 8:37 PM) Reply
I love your dress and LOVE your review, which made me giggle. I don't think the pockets look too big at all. Thanks for taking the time to add your review of this pattern.
SavageCoco said... (3/30/14 9:41 PM) Reply
GOSH EVERYONE! Thanks so much for all your lovely, lovely comments!
CallMeSu said... (3/29/14 10:36 PM) Reply
LOVELY!!!!!
popo said... (3/28/14 1:28 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous!!!!!
stellebelle said... (3/27/14 8:14 PM) Reply
Your modifications for the dress were really cool and creative. Great first review for this pattern.
becca a said... (3/27/14 10:21 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
JudyMac said... (3/26/14 10:14 PM) Reply
gorgeous!
WistfulRidge said... (3/26/14 9:12 PM) Reply
This is so lovely!
Wianno Girl said... (3/26/14 7:47 PM) Reply
the close up of the armscye (who invented that word?) is worth everything - it fits the curve beautifully without the odd pooky thing that so many patterns add to the top of the side seam and it even does it in a fabric not known for helping curves. Helpful excellent review and terrific sewing.
KarlaB said... (3/26/14 3:20 PM) Reply
What a great denim dress! Methinks denim is made for this kind of dress! Beautiful top stitching and love love your exposed zip, and that pretty bias binding, too! Such beautiful details! Great job!
cindyann said... (3/26/14 8:33 AM) Reply
As always, your sewing is perfection. Great dress. I WANT!
mending maven said... (3/26/14 8:05 AM) Reply
Love it!
Fran G said... (3/26/14 7:55 AM) Reply
Great dress…I can see it being a summer staple. I love the topstitching!
Lori V said... (3/26/14 7:31 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress, amazing job on the topstitching.
LTC said... (3/26/14 6:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful top stitching, great looking dress.
Danvillegirl said... (3/26/14 5:30 AM) Reply
Great job with this denim fabric and all of the topstitching. Love this style. I had not paid any attention to this pattern until seeing your version.
supizoo said... (3/26/14 5:24 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you posted all of those photos. Every photo contained a detail that made me want want want!
5tummies said... (3/26/14 4:18 AM) Reply
amazing sauce. !
SewLibra said... (3/26/14 1:18 AM) Reply
Love, love, love this dress! The topstitching, exposed zip, and binding are perfect, and it's a flattering silhouette to boot. I can't believe the fabric is that old and still in great shape! Thank you for the Dusty Springfield video. Oh how I used to love listening to her on the radio. Your review is excellent and so funny!
kajero said... (3/25/14 10:21 PM) Reply
The only thing I can say is, "WOW"! Oops, I think it deserves a second, "WOW, WOW"!
knitmachinequeen said... (3/25/14 9:31 PM) Reply
Great dress. I'm gonna have to add the pattern to my stash!
Cathyaw said... (3/25/14 9:18 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! The zipper, top stitching, and bias binding all go together to make this denim dress light years removed from dungarees! As I often say to my love, "Shhhh!" You go girl...gorgeous!!
Sew Good said... (3/25/14 8:41 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! Now you got me thinking about the 5 yards of denim I have in my stash. I love your facings. Especially the zipper facing. Thanks for the review!!!!
meggipeg said... (3/25/14 6:23 PM) Reply
I think, confronted with you in this dress, DH must have been so overwhelmed that he couldn't think straight. Dungarees indeed. This dress is stunning.
Sewiing Sue said... (3/25/14 5:44 PM) Reply
funny review and helpful. like the gold thread with the exposed brass zipper. Cute binding for just a bit of the feminine to go with denim.
atymonw said... (3/25/14 5:16 PM) Reply
Gosh -- I love that dress! You did a gorgeous job both inside and out. And I love that you did it with 'antique' fabric:)
beanchor said... (3/25/14 4:44 PM) Reply
Wow!
sarahark said... (3/25/14 4:29 PM) Reply
Your review is valuable and entertaining. Thanks for the picture of your zipper---I needed the inspiration.
Jrhee said... (3/25/14 3:46 PM) Reply
Very chic, I'm sure it looks fabulous on!
NEMDF said... (3/25/14 3:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful results! And blue denim- so versatile, can wear it all year. I am having stop stitching and bias binding ENVY here. Nice job, and thanks for sharing.
Jstarr4250 said... (3/25/14 3:00 PM) Reply
Love your review and your dress. What a cute design buried in this pattern. I love the idea of sharing our sewing playlists, too!
BettyMike said... (3/25/14 2:54 PM) Reply
What a great dress! And your review is wonderful. I admire people that can write reviews that read like a good story! Well done on both!
MamaSewing said... (3/25/14 2:32 PM) Reply
Great job with all the top stitching! And the dress is perfect for the denim.
BillieJean said... (3/25/14 2:32 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! Impeccable workmanship. I'll bet that fabric was originally for pants, because of its width.
ArtAttack said... (3/25/14 2:14 PM) Reply
What a great summer dress!! I love it...beautiful work!
EleanorSews said... (3/25/14 2:10 PM) Reply
Very nice and your top stitching is top notch!
MrsCharisma said... (3/25/14 1:42 PM) Reply
Look at all that glorious top stitching! wow!!!!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2011-126

by: Elizabeth ...

by: velosewer

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

SewBaby Wearable baby blanket Pattern