Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4471 (Misses Two piece bathing suits)

Reviewed by:LisaLS

About LisaLSstarstar
Member since: 2/4/04
Posted on:6/15/05 8:30 PM
Last Updated:5/31/06 10:47 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
MelC said... (1/19/08 3:38 PM) Reply
I purchased this pattern because of your review. Your swimsuits turned out great and look wonderful on you. Nice job!
Mufffet said... (7/15/06 11:14 AM) Reply
Suits look great - if you have let yourself go as you say - I want to go wherever that is!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA. Oh my. Once I did look that good in a bikini though....those were the days....
layla said... (6/1/06 7:54 PM) Reply
Very Cute !! And that goes for your figure too.... perfect for Palm Springs !! Have fun and thanks for the review !!
Sew4Fun said... (5/31/06 7:13 PM) Reply
Great looking bikinis, all of them! Enjoy your holiday.
bunz said... (5/31/06 6:40 PM) Reply
What a terrific bunch of suits!!
Elona said... (5/31/06 2:17 PM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute, Lisa!
dreamdesigner said... (5/31/06 11:18 AM) Reply
Hah! We should ALL look so terrible! Oh to be young and thin again, wait . . . I never WAS thin, oh well, at least I was young once! How did you do the twist top? I've been looking at lots of reviews lately and had a couple of twist top patterns in my wish list, but at least one of them is discontinued!
KitnRose said... (5/31/06 11:13 AM) Reply
Oooh, I love. I haven't yet tried making swiming suits (too many years with no pool or ocean to use them in) but your results are making me want to try. Sooooo cute! Great review, thank you!
Leslie in Austin said... (5/31/06 11:09 AM) Reply
Cute Cute Cute!
Sharon M said... (7/16/05 11:33 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. If I had a cute little shape like yours I'd keep sew a wardrobe of swimsuits too!
lilhoney57 said... (7/16/05 8:33 AM) Reply
The stripes are great! I hate sewing around rings, too. In fact I just threw away a top with rings on it. Hated the fabric-evillll! You look outstanding!
Hilary said... (7/15/05 8:38 PM) Reply
That is soo cute! I love the way you've made the suits unique, the rings look fabulous! And they do look hard to put in too :oP
hongkongshopper said... (7/15/05 8:32 PM) Reply
Well, a girl can't have too many bikini's (or shoes) and the latest set are great! I once went away for a conference with a 20 something and she packed 7 pairs of bikinis for a 3 day stay!!!!
Jill Giard said... (6/16/05 5:28 PM) Reply
Great suit. Extra inches - uh - where? This is a nice style on you.
KimB said... (6/16/05 3:27 PM) Reply
Both you and the bikini look fab!
JDpenelope said... (6/16/05 12:05 PM) Reply
Very nice job on the bottoms. Have fun in Hawaii. Ha! Extra inches and weight--my foot! I agree with Gigi - Enjoy your figure while you've got it! The good Lord gives and the good Lord takes away.
Evatgirl73 said... (6/16/05 10:18 AM) Reply
Excellent suit, and you have a gorgeous body! No extras I can see anywhere either, LOL! Great job, LOVE the twist adapted here!!!
appleC said... (6/16/05 9:15 AM) Reply
"Get married, gain weight...I've been letting myself go! " Hahaha... I've been letting myself go WAY TOO FAR after getting married for so many years. Cute swimming suits!
ryan's mom said... (6/16/05 8:32 AM) Reply
Thought I already responded to this thread, but put it in the link for your twist bikini top so I copied it back here. Great swimsuit! Your creations are motivating me to look at patterns and make my own. That and the price of RTW, LOL. And this pattern cover doesn't use a live model??? Well, they should use your pic! I'm sure sales would go through the roof.
Gigi Louis said... (6/16/05 7:30 AM) Reply
You look great in your new suit! I don't see any extra either. Enjoy your body while you have it! ;-)
MickeyFan said... (6/16/05 6:12 AM) Reply
Another winner; I love all the bikinis you have done. Extra inches? Sorry, I don't see it. You look fabulous!
hongkongshopper said... (6/16/05 4:47 AM) Reply
Very nice indeed!
Judy Williment said... (6/15/05 11:40 PM) Reply
Sensational! You look so good in this style, and I love all the things you're putting twists into. Very inspiring.
sosoatsewing said... (6/15/05 11:17 PM) Reply
Grea bathing suit, and very nice figure...PR's everywhere are shaking their heads at your "extra"...I had more "extra" in the womb!
Marita Kinnula said... (6/15/05 10:36 PM) Reply
What are you talking about?ha, what extra?where? you look perfect, and your suit looks that way too!!!
Lori V said... (6/15/05 10:34 PM) Reply
terrific suit
Debbie Cook said... (6/15/05 9:30 PM) Reply
I've been married almost 20 years -- can I use that excuse?? Wish I looked like YOU!! You shouldn't change a thing. The suit looks fabulous too!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/15/05 9:17 PM) Reply
Another great suit. Good job.

by: idaaida