<< Previous Next >>
|Viewed 248 times|| |
|Reviewed by:||marjieco|| |
|Posted on:||4/10/14 11:19 PM |
|Last Updated:||4/10/14 11:22 PM|
Pattern Info provided by marjieco
|Pattern Rating:||Highly Recommend |
|Review Rating:|| Very Helpful by 1 people |
|Fabric:||Cotton [See other projects in this fabric]|
- The pattern is Lekala 5425, a fitted Western style blouse
- Lekala provides custom sizing
- My finished blouses look similar to the drawing of the pattern.
- The instructions for Lekala patterns is improving but not for this particular pattern. I copied a RTW blouse for sewing help.
- I really like the style of the front button band and the fit. I did add a few inches to the length. I felt I had to remove some of the Cowgirl sexy and replace it with Grandma wannabe sexy
- The fabric I used is a stretch cotton from Vogue Fabrics for the small floral and 100% cotton from Stone Mt. & Daughter, Berkeley, Ca. for the plaid/floral
- I did alter the pattern by removing the points on the yoke, front and back and adding to the length as well as cuffs and sleeve plackets
- While sewing the two blouses I realized I am not into sewing blouses, the time and cost of pattern and fabric just is not worth it. I do love the style. I have been asked to sew one for my daughter so I will do that.
I had an inspiration for this blouse, I love the look of it and if I can find fabric close to it, I will make it again.
Please visit my blog
for a bit more info or just watch me
Login to Add a Comment