Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2012-113 (Illusion Jacket)

Reviewed by:MrsCharisma

About MrsCharismastarstarstarstar
Member since: 2/1/13
Posted on:4/13/14 4:32 PM

BurdaStyle Magazine: 10-2012-113 by MrsCharisma  BurdaStyle Magazine: 10-2012-113 by MrsCharisma
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
crisud said... (11/9/14 11:08 AM) Reply
This looks beautifully made - and so glam :)
crisud said... (11/9/14 11:05 AM) Reply
This looks beautifully made - and so glam :)
MrsCharisma said... (4/15/14 10:12 AM) Reply
Thank you ALL!
TJSEWS said... (4/14/14 7:43 PM) Reply
Great jacket with a fabulous pop of color for the lining!
DorothyK said... (4/14/14 11:25 AM) Reply
Love the coat. I like the two very different looks you get with the collar. Nicely done.
ASiverson said... (4/14/14 10:49 AM) Reply
I love your jacket/coat! Didn't realize it was two different colors/sleeves until I read your review. LOL!
sacjeanie said... (4/14/14 8:00 AM) Reply
OK MrsCharisma, It might be time to bump up your sewing skills rating. Great job.
teddysclj said... (4/14/14 7:41 AM) Reply
Love and look forward to your reviews...so helpful and informative! Your coat is beautiful!
Danvillegirl said... (4/14/14 5:24 AM) Reply
I really love this jacket! Your version looks great.
jdk said... (4/13/14 10:35 PM) Reply
Very nice!!!
trudiz said... (4/13/14 8:35 PM) Reply
Your coat is lovely. Your attention to detail is inspiring. Well done.
MrsCharisma said... (4/13/14 6:43 PM) Reply
You should make it Dina!!! Tonya what they lack in instruction really is made up in garment quality. You should start with a simple silhouette and go for it :) Thanks everyone! It's definitely a bit of a statement piece for me. And of course now I want to make another jacket :)
Karla Kizer said... (4/13/14 6:28 PM) Reply
Really love this one. You've done it again.
supizoo said... (4/13/14 6:21 PM) Reply
Love love love! Love everything about it!
Kathhhhhy said... (4/13/14 5:33 PM) Reply
That lining with that fabric..... juicy!! I love the detail of adding the chain hook in back with the tag, so fancy! This looks really great on you, I've been waiting to see it done!!!
Sew Good said... (4/13/14 5:24 PM) Reply
It's beautiful! I think you did a great job. I used to use Burda Magazine patterns all the time but recently, I'm too lazy. I know the time it takes to trace, add seam allowances, plan, read and re-read their instructions :) I find the cut of their designs perfect for "real" bodies and I learned a lot of new techniques from their instructions (even though they aren't written well for beginners). I love your choice of fabrics too! I don't know why I rarely chose a vibrant color or pattern for the linings of my garments. It's so gorgeous!
Tonya P said... (4/13/14 5:22 PM) Reply
Very unique and super cute! I am reluctant to try a Burda pattern with the apparent sparse instructions. I'm impressed with your perseverance that turned out a very cute coat.
dinagideon said... (4/13/14 5:17 PM) Reply
I love it! I am glad you made it through the process. You have given me hope that maybe one day I can try this one too as I just love how it looks, both in the mag and on you!

by: monicawood...