<< Previous Next >>
|3 more reviews|
|Viewed 328 times|| |
|Reviewed by:||sfshaza|| |
|Posted on:||4/13/14 7:36 PM |
|Pattern Size:||Plus-Sized Regular |
Vogue Patterns Pattern Info
|Review Rating:|| Helpful by 2 people Very Helpful by 6 people |
|See other patterns in this category: Tops |
|Available for sale on PR: $22.50 (See envelope) Click to Buy |
|Pattern Description: Close-fitting, pullover tunic has mock front band, side slits, back longer than front (wrong side shows), and stitched hems. B: self-lined hood; pocket, and purchased drawstring. C: collar.|
Note that the pattern says it's close-fitting and that is very true. The shoulder is more narrow than most Vogue patterns - I had to remove less than usual. Also, the armhole is high and the sleeve is slim. This pattern draft has a very "youthful" feel to it.
Pattern Sizing: XS (4-6) - XXL (24-26)
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much.
Were the instructions easy to follow? Sure, though I changed the order of sewing.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I think this is a nice, basic, pull-over hoodie pattern. (Though the hood is optional.)
Fabric Used: A novelty double knit, also a solid black double knit for the sleeves.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
- A substantial FBA (more than usual). I also lowered the dart by almost 3".
- I used a Medium, but tapered to an XS at the hips.
- Narrowed the shoulder by 5/8". (Less than usual.)
- I didn't want a heavy hood that would pull at my neck, so I used a single thickness in the hood (no lining). I flat felled the hood's CB seam.
- I omitted the hood's drawstring.
- I shortened the back so that it matched the length on the front.
- Since the reverse side of the fabric (which is solid black) is exposed in the hood, I used a contrasting black wool double-knit for the sleeves.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Sure! This is a good basic pattern that I can use as a TNT.
Conclusion: A nice top! More on the blog.
| Available for sale on PR: $22.50 (See envelope)Click to Buy|
Login to Add a Comment