Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 9583 (Men's Cargo Shorts)

Reviewed by:Mary Stiefer

About Mary Stieferstarstarstarstar
CO USA
Member since: 2/17/03
Posted on:6/19/05 6:12 PM
Last Updated:6/19/05 7:53 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

suncentaur said... (6/23/05 3:45 AM) Reply
You did a great job. Thanks for all the tips and warnings, as I have this pattern and mean to sew it someday. You did a really nice job on the zipper too. I'll refer back to your review when I make this pattern Thanks!
Celeste said... (6/20/05 8:04 PM) Reply
They are a terrible pain, eh? I found that if you topstitch with two threads thru the needle it looks really nice and also seems to match the heavy-duty nature of this type pant.
AnneM said... (6/20/05 4:05 PM) Reply
Nice. I hope your stepson doesn't like them, since that would mean you might have to make more. :o
Hilary said... (6/20/05 8:35 AM) Reply
They look really good! No doubt, you're tired of looking at them :oP I made a pair of Burda jeans shorts for DH last year and I feel your pain! LOL! IF you want to try again, you might try the Burda men's pants, they turned out extremely RTW and DH likes them..I really need to review them, sigh. I am sure these will be appreciated though, you really did a good job! Thanks for the tips-I like the slanted flap and the outside pleat too!
Tiner W said... (6/20/05 7:44 AM) Reply
WOW! My DH would love these!
drsue said... (6/19/05 10:22 PM) Reply
Really nice job. I have a very similar pattern from McCall's in little boy sizes. My boys love these sorts of things. they are a pain to sew.
quiltsammon said... (6/19/05 9:14 PM) Reply
Before I read the review, I saw the picture and thought my husband would love those. I'm glad I read the review. There is no way I'll be making those!! They looked so nice though!!!!!!!!!!! sigh
JoleneF said... (6/19/05 6:44 PM) Reply
Wow, these turned out great! I bet SS will really like them.

by: Opals Pass...