Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Lulu Tunic (Lu Lu Tunic)

Reviewed by:supizoo

Other Projects by supizoo using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

supizoo said... (4/27/14 2:24 AM) Reply
Hi Schmammy, sorry I missed your comment. There are no darts what-so-ever, except for the tiny shoulder dart. It is very boxy in shape, not fitted at all, basically a big rectangle. One thing to not is that it has pretty skinny armholes. Much to my sadness, I am not equipped (literally!) to advise on full bust fitting (or any bust for that matter!) so can't advise you. However, StyleArc are pretty good at getting back to people who email with queries so it would be worthwhile dropping Chloe a line and getting her opinion: enquiries@stylearc.com.au Hope this helps.
schmammy said... (4/26/14 9:23 AM) Reply
You did a terrific job on this tunic. What a great fit. What are your thoughts on this design on a full bust? I don't see any bust darts and it is made from a woven fabric.
supizoo said... (4/23/14 3:19 AM) Reply
**I have amended this comment with more accurate info as I was at work and doing it from memory with the first comment**Hello Stitchmaker, I don't remember having trouble with bands easing but one thing to note is that some seam allowances are 0.5cm and some are 1cm. Both allowances are present on the bands so check that out (I now make a nick on the fabric so I know which seam allowance to use). It was definitely not intuitive to me which was the inside (joining to the bodice) and which was the outside of the band. This was a major head-scratching moment. In the end I matched up the notches and it worked. Please forgive my terminology in the following (I really need to learn the correct construction terms). The longer edge of the binding (i.e. outside of the curve) attaches to the bodice, the shorter edge (inside of curve) hangs free down your arm ('cuff'?). The back binding has two notches and front has one. The pointy bit goes to the armpit of the bodice and the notches on the band should match the bodice arm hole. I do hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. PS I'm currently working on my second LuLu and I'm still making mistakes!
Stitchmaker said... (4/22/14 5:49 PM) Reply
I'm having a difficult time fitting the arm and neck bands into the neckline and armholes. Did you have difficulty easing them into place? The bands on my size 10 seem way too small!
grey ann said... (4/20/14 8:15 AM) Reply
This looks so nice on you. Can't wait to see you color-blocked linen version. Please post that!
Patti B said... (4/19/14 11:48 AM) Reply
That is a lovely mitre! The style suits you very well and your review is very helpful -- thanks.
Stitchmaker said... (4/19/14 9:28 AM) Reply
Thank you for an excellent review that provides useful perspectives on the pattern. It's a really cute result, even with whatever hiccups you cite, so the successive versions will surely be perfect.
Jstarr4250 said... (4/19/14 7:32 AM) Reply
Very cute, especially the bias skirt. I received this as a freebie with my last Style Arc order so I'm happy to see it sewn up. Thanks for your review.
supizoo said... (4/19/14 3:02 AM) Reply
Wendy, your wish is my command! I have replaced the sleeve photo with my perfect mitre ;) The photo seems to be taking a while to catch up though. If it doesn't change over, I'll work out how to link within the review.
wendyrb said... (4/19/14 2:14 AM) Reply
Looks terrific on you! I wanna see your "perfect mitre"- no joking. Somehow I hadn't noticed this one, so thanks for making it up.
Baja Susana said... (4/19/14 2:10 AM) Reply
Interesting top. Yours looks good.
Dilliander said... (4/19/14 1:39 AM) Reply
Lovely to see this made up and it looks great!

by: Jstarr4250