Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6925 (Misses'/Miss Petite Tops, Tunic and Dresses)

Reviewed by:ArtAttack

About ArtAttackstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/11/11
Posted on:4/21/14 0:18 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

leanmeansewingmachine said... (7/1/16 8:58 PM) Reply
Just bought this pattern and when I got home realized it says "Petite". Really. When did they start making petite patterns? Anyway that may be why the bodice is so short. I decided I'm going to un-petite it! Thanks to your review I have a better understanding of what needs to be done. Sorry that beautiful fabric and workmanship turned into a wadder.
MichelleGP said... (4/25/14 0:21 AM) Reply
Sort of like on New Look 6196. You could make the inset part as fitted or loose as you want and also as narrow or wide as you want to come to your waistline. Maybe you've already thought of this!
MichelleGP said... (4/25/14 0:21 AM) Reply
MichelleGP said... (4/24/14 11:38 PM) Reply
Hi Artattack, this is too pretty to wadded.it would be a little work but how about taking gathered bottom of, create an inset waist piece to extend it and put back on gathered skirt? I think it would work!
cocosloft said... (4/22/14 4:44 AM) Reply
Oh, that is a lovely fabric. Thank you for the review, because it is misleadingly cute on the dressform! Would love to see this color on you, bet it's pretty.
SewWil said... (4/21/14 10:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to review this pattern. I have the fabric to make this same view. Sorry about the wadder but so happy about your new machine. Enjoy!!! I'm looking forward to reading your review about it.
Sue Parrott said... (4/21/14 9:28 AM) Reply
Oh, I just hate it when I have a wadder! I can't wait to hear about your new machine! I am a Bernina girl myself!
grays08 said... (4/21/14 9:20 AM) Reply
Great project for the new machine and appreciate the review.
PattyE said... (4/21/14 8:25 AM) Reply
Oh I'm sorry this one didn't work out for you. I love your fabric. I've been planning the same view so thanks for the warning.
CissieW said... (4/21/14 8:07 AM) Reply
You are right. The picture on the pattern envelope is certainly misleading! So sorry you aren't happy but maybe you'll find a way to use that pretty fabric.
MrsCharisma said... (4/21/14 7:15 AM) Reply
Oooh the fabric is luscious. I hope you can salvage it for something else. Sorry this didn't work :(
Danmar said... (4/21/14 6:49 AM) Reply
I know the feeling all too well, also. Glad to hear you love your new machine!
jenleeC said... (4/21/14 4:28 AM) Reply
Lovely fabric! What a pity it turned out not to suit you but sometimes it happens.
Sew Good said... (4/21/14 0:38 AM) Reply
:( Sadly, I know the feeling. Thanks for the review
Jrhee said... (4/21/14 0:34 AM) Reply
Too bad! It looks very sassy and cute on the dressform. Congrats on the Bernina!

Kwik Sew 3299