Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tribeca Shirt (Tribeca Shirt)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:6/21/05 11:09 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
trintje said... (6/27/05 8:11 PM) Reply
Nikki -- The drag lines and pulling you get from this pattern are what I get from just about every pattern. In my case it's because I'm short/small between my shoulders and bust. My bust measurement says to cut a 14, but I get my best results from an 8 with extra width added to the back and lower bust. Maybe this company just runs long/large? And huzzah for your defense! Ihope it went well.
PhyllisC said... (6/22/05 8:33 AM) Reply
This is a good style for you Nikki, very flattering - I think this could be part of a career wardrobe.
CarolynGM said... (6/21/05 5:40 PM) Reply
This is a really cool pattern that I never noticed before. I hope you can resolve your fit issues and make more because it looks good on you. I agree that down-sizing is a good idea -- I can see that it is too big through the bust and upper chest.
Nikki said... (6/21/05 4:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for the help - I can go one size smaller in the bust area, I am pretty sure I cut a size S tapering to a M at the lower hem, but I am on the low end of S at the bust. I usually remove the dart in knit patterns, and make it a lot smaller in wovens, for an SBA, but I didn't here. Perhaps I should get rid of the horizontal dart (I'm a AAA cup, darts are generally not needed). I'll try playing with the shoulder a little but - I probably ought to mess with the sleeve caps anyway, they look fine when the jacket is lying on the table but are ripply when I wear them.
Aixoise said... (6/21/05 3:36 PM) Reply
Nikki - This is a really good-looking pattern. I agree with Gigi and would add that it's big in the upper chest, also. The collar area might fit more closely in a smaller size. Do you need to lower the horizontal bust darts a tad? (You might not in a smaller size.) Keep working at it--this pattern's a keeper.
Gigi Louis said... (6/21/05 12:53 PM) Reply
Nikki, to me it just seems too large for you through the bust/waist. Have you tried letting the shoulder seam out a tiny bit at the shoulder point? It seems to be pulling there as if your shoulders are more square than the pattern's shoulder slope.

by: PrettyTall...