Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5107 (Khaliah Ali Blouse)

Reviewed by:Monica R

About Monica Rstar
Posted on:6/21/05 5:43 PM
Last Updated:6/21/05 5:54 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Vesta Patterns

jahloha said... (7/29/05 10:15 AM) Reply
I have been debating whether or not to even buy this pattern, but I'm definitely going to! Love your review and I'm excited to try this!
tigger said... (6/23/05 1:14 AM) Reply
Great top and love the fabric - it looks so stylish - thanks for the review!
Karla Kizer said... (6/22/05 9:07 PM) Reply
Clever design for those of us who want to cover wide (dare I say it? ) saddlebag thighs without making our legs look shorter by covering the crotch line. Nice shirt, great review.
AnneM said... (6/22/05 7:42 PM) Reply
Cute summer top. I really like some of the styles in the Simplicity Ali line.
Sherril Miller said... (6/22/05 10:35 AM) Reply
I think I have just about everything in the K.Ali line. Thank you for sharing your lovely blouse. Your review was full of helpful ideas and thanks for letting us know that bias isn't important for the fit. I'll be sewing her patterns for my back-to-school wardrobe and this one is included in my plans.
Kerry O said... (6/22/05 9:29 AM) Reply
Oh, that is a lovely top! I bet it looks gorgeous on you. I have wanted to try the Khaliah Ali patterns and this looks like a really nice one. Thank you so much for the review!
ryan's mom said... (6/22/05 6:47 AM) Reply
Very nice! I bet it looks wonderful on you.
Danvillegirl said... (6/22/05 5:40 AM) Reply
Very pretty.
Monica R said... (6/21/05 9:56 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the nice compliments! Izziie--Yes, I did find this pattern true to my measurements. The fit was excellent. When I tried on the tissue before cutting the fabric, I was amazed at how nicely everything fit--even the darts were in the right place for me. But, I do find with plus size patterns that I always need to go down a size or two in the neck and shoulders because I have a small frame.
dvazz said... (6/21/05 9:06 PM) Reply
I love it! Great choice of fabric. I love the Khalia Ali line and wish the rest of Simplicity's offerings had that much class!
Izzie said... (6/21/05 8:52 PM) Reply
Very Pretty summer top! I have another K. Ali pattern laid out on the table right now, I'm just trying to decide which size to cut! Did you find the pattern to be true to your measurements? Thanks for the very timely review, this is very helpful!
Mini said... (6/21/05 8:25 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and was hoping someone would review it. I'm glad it turned out so well. I have some sheer fabric earmarked for this blouse. Based on your comments, I don't think I will bother trying to cut this tricky stuff on the bias. Thanks!
ladylola said... (6/21/05 6:38 PM) Reply
Lovely top! So feminine and your fabric is great!
ShereeSews said... (6/21/05 6:32 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top for summer! I have this pattern, and your tips are sure to make me pull it out of the closet. Thanks for sharing!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (6/21/05 6:24 PM) Reply
Darling top...well done. I'm needing some 'artsy' tops to wear at shows and this looks like it will fill the bill. Thank you so much for a great review!
KarenP said... (6/21/05 6:15 PM) Reply
You top is so pretty - I love the fabric!
Ruth C said... (6/21/05 6:06 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing this pattern. I have it and have been debating whether I want to sew it or not. Now I know I do. It is so nice that Simplicity (and Ali) are making these fashionable patterns. I love the color and pattern on your fabric. And thank you for your sewing hints, particularly the one about the fusible hem--very smart. I will need to try it!

by: Kellie R.