Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Pattern Reviews> Other> TS007 (Diva Essential Designer Bag)

Reviewed by:degnancy

Pattern Photo: Pattern Info

More Info provided by degnancy

Pattern Rating:Highly Recommend
Current Tags What is a Tag:
Fabric:Cotton  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description:
"This bag is the "perfect" purse for anyone from 12 to 112 years old. It has 3 outside pockets, 6 inside pockets and a secret pocket as well. One can carry the bare essentials, fill the bag for travel or even use as a diaper bag. And, for those times when you need your hands free, it can be worn as a backpack."

I've been making myself this purse about once a year ever since I came across the pattern at a quilt show. Love it.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes! Except I've never quilted or embellished it to the degree the designer did.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very clear and straightforward. You end up with a sturdy, nicely finished bag.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I LOVE that I can carry it like a backpack. When I'm traveling or tramping around a flea market my back gets tired if my purse is hanging off my shoulder the whole time. It's such a relief to be able to sling it on my back and distribute the weight better. No dislikes!

Fabric Used:
This time I used cotton and ironed on some interfacing to give it some oomph. I've made it several times before using remnants of upholstery fabric. You can have a lot of fun with color and pattern. I find these cloth bags last about a year before they kick the bucket, but by then I'm ready to change out my colors anyway.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I add a couple extra inside pockets. After all these years I have my purse-packing requirements pretty fine-tuned with this pattern.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Definitely! I'm sure I'll be sewing it over and over again until I die. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a versatile, comfortable to carry and roomy bag.

More on my blog

RadarRadiance said...
Love this pattern, I've made a couple, it has so many cool pockets and especially the hidden one! Great job, yours looks very nice.
4/24/14 7:47 PM
Speech girl said...
Great bag-- love your fabric combination. I love a bag that converts to a backpack.
4/26/14 7:35 AM