Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3333 (halter dresses)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:6/23/05 7:05 PM
Last Updated:6/23/05 7:04 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Mufffet said... (11/9/05 11:53 AM) Reply
WOW...this is great. Lucky you to be small and a great sewist all at once! The fit is excellent. :)
Cin said... (8/2/05 9:23 AM) Reply
Great job! Dress looks great, very figure flattering. Love the shoes.
Georgene said... (6/25/05 8:06 PM) Reply
Nice look. Don't stop now...a different fabric will give a comepletely different look, and give you an opportunity to raise the waist seam where you want it to be.
Debbie Cook said... (6/25/05 9:57 AM) Reply
I love this dress on you!!
cindyann said... (6/24/05 4:56 PM) Reply
In a word, fabulous! The style really suits you. I think I might have to pick this pattern up. Your tips on lining the bodice will come in very handy. Thanks.
Gigi Louis said... (6/24/05 4:13 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on you! What an adorable summer dress - you need at least one more. Sigh, this is one of those styles that I wish I could wear but can't. It really shows off your lovely shoulders and slender arms!
ryan's mom said... (6/24/05 3:44 PM) Reply
That looks great on you! Love those shoes with the dress too.
meli88a said... (6/24/05 11:13 AM) Reply
do you look saucy, or what? what a great fitting dress and lovely fabric choice!
SandraB said... (6/24/05 9:41 AM) Reply
Very, very nice. I love the style and the print. This style is very flattering on you.
AnneM said... (6/24/05 9:38 AM) Reply
Woh, nice outfit. I really wouldn't have even though of looking at this style, but it is great on you (and my build is similar). Thanks for the review. (I'll have to invest in some swimwear pads, though. :) And Kwik-Sew doesn't usually work that well for you. Nice.
drsue said... (6/24/05 9:37 AM) Reply
Thank your for all the wonderful comments. Vivienne, great idea for the tankini top! I think I will do just that.
Hilary said... (6/24/05 9:15 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great dress! It looks wonderful on you-very flattering. I appreciate all the tips too. This is the cutest dress! I can't wait to lose this extra weight so I can have one too :o)
JDpenelope said... (6/24/05 8:58 AM) Reply
You are nearing the 100 mark in your pattern reviews. This is another winner for a prolific sewer! My figure is very different from yours, but I love reading your reviews and following your techniques.
Kathryn said... (6/24/05 8:37 AM) Reply
A very cute rendition of this pattern, drsue! You did a great job--love it all: the pattern, the fabric, the fit, the shoes. It's a real talent to be able to choose a pattern that flatters one's figure perfectly, and you picked a winner. There must have been lots of people wondering "Just how DOES she stay so slim???" as they surreptitiously checked you out at the party! Congrats!
PhyllisC said... (6/24/05 8:31 AM) Reply
So pretty - and perfect job on the fit.
JoleneF said... (6/24/05 6:55 AM) Reply
You look great in this dress! I agree that one in black for parties would be stunning on you. This style with your petite frame looks fabulous!
Danvillegirl said... (6/24/05 5:45 AM) Reply
Party hardy! Very nice, summery dress. Looks good.
Leslie in Austin said... (6/23/05 11:38 PM) Reply
Cute and very flattering. Love the print--nice match for the pattern. I've said it before, but I'm such a fan I'll say it again: ya gotta getcha a NuBra!
Katharine in BXL said... (6/23/05 11:30 PM) Reply
Lovely! Your modifications made this a better pattern too. KS should take note :)
Mary Stiefer said... (6/23/05 10:35 PM) Reply
I love the dress and notice that you have shoes that match the red. How fun. It looks stunning on you.
Sherril Miller said... (6/23/05 10:34 PM) Reply
"In this pattern the back skirt is narrower than the front!! (who does that fit?) " well, um, that fits us with a big belly and flat butt. Sue you look fantastic in that dress. You'll be the envy of everyone. Glad you finally had luck with KS.
Marita Kinnula said... (6/23/05 9:52 PM) Reply
WOW!!! You look smashing!
Schnauzer said... (6/23/05 9:30 PM) Reply
A really lovely dress drsue.Enjoy the party!
jlg said... (6/23/05 9:09 PM) Reply
Looks great on you. You did a wonderful job.
MaryBeth said... (6/23/05 9:08 PM) Reply
As predicted, I do love this dress on you. I understand your trepidations with KS as I never quite know what to expect either. It looks like the bodice lining worked well and I'm glad to see this style worn so well.
Lori V said... (6/23/05 9:06 PM) Reply
Very cute dress, a flattering style.
zinnia said... (6/23/05 8:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful style! Beautiful fabric! Beautiful dress!
Vonnevo said... (6/23/05 8:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful flattering dress..love it :))
CarolynGM said... (6/23/05 7:43 PM) Reply
Flattering, flawless fit, and fabulous. I agree with Karla -- this look is too good on you to stop with one.
Karla Kizer said... (6/23/05 7:22 PM) Reply
It looks so good that I dont' think you should quit with just one of these dresses. Maybe a solid color with a different style skirt, if you're worried about having 2 similar dresses. Oooh - what about a solid black one for holiday parties? Great dress in a wonderful print. Congratulations.
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/23/05 7:18 PM) Reply
Well aren't you all that and a bag of chips! That looks great! You'll be the belle of any party you grace in that dress. Now I'll have to take a look at this pattern. -Ann
Vivienne said... (6/23/05 7:16 PM) Reply
You're right - this style really flatters you. You should make a tankini bathing suit top like this.

by: STARG