Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Amber Woven Top (Amber Woven Blouse)

Reviewed by:michellep74

About michellep74starstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 7/19/07
Posted on:4/29/14 2:54 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Oh2Sew2 said... (5/11/14 9:02 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review, I had also received this one as a free pattern of the month...been sitting on it waiting for it to hatch. ;) Honestly, no time to sew now and so many things to chose from when I do...I jotted down you tips though so they are handy when I pull it out to whip one up! Love the vertical lines the piping gives, much more flattering if the fabrics are tone on tone!
mm said... (4/30/14 6:13 PM) Reply
I have made this pattern and it has become one of my favourite tops because it is so cool and comfortable.
ClioBklyn said... (4/30/14 3:19 PM) Reply
It's cute and fun and you did a great job replicating the original!! But I understand your woes with boxy tops.
carolynw said... (4/30/14 11:11 AM) Reply
Sorry and and surprised to see that you don't like this top. Like others have suggested - hide it away and then take it out -am betting you'll like it a lot more.
SouthernStitch said... (4/30/14 8:39 AM) Reply
I love your top! I've debated this one for a while, and thanks to your advice, I'll surely skip the piping, and use lightweight fabric.
JanyceR said... (4/30/14 7:59 AM) Reply
Add me to the list that thinks the top is flattering. Very nice details
LTC said... (4/30/14 7:46 AM) Reply
Love the lace details.
AnneM said... (4/30/14 6:24 AM) Reply
Nice top, and what a perfect pattern and fabric selections you have made. Very helpful review, thank you. I agree with the others, tuck this into the closet for a few weeks and then take it out again.
Annie P said... (4/30/14 2:47 AM) Reply
The lace is lovely. Thanks for the idea! I think the top looks great, and thanks for reviewing it. I have the pattern and wasn't sure how it would look on me (plus-size). Now I'm keen to make it, though I'll look at adding back and front darts.
Couturemum said... (4/29/14 7:17 PM) Reply
I am sorry you don't find this top flattering, I think it looks lovely on you, and I really like your version of this top. I think it looks very chic and am def considering getting this pattern now.
supizoo said... (4/29/14 6:55 PM) Reply
How nice of you to sew along with the challenge! I also think this is lovely on you. Thanks for pointing out the tricky bits.
michellep74 said... (4/29/14 6:11 PM) Reply
Maybe I just need to put it away for a week or two, then. I found the fiddly bits to be extremely frustrating (I used the seam ripper quite a bit on this project), so that's likely coloring my opinion. ;)
julie w said... (4/29/14 5:35 PM) Reply
Hope you change your mind, you've made a lovely looking top
joyces said... (4/29/14 4:43 PM) Reply
its lovely on you. I would never have looked at it otherwise.
MrsCharisma said... (4/29/14 3:26 PM) Reply
Dupe
MrsCharisma said... (4/29/14 3:26 PM) Reply
I really like it on you! I think it's flattering and like where the length hits. Hopefully you'll pull it out a different day and fall in love with it :)
Quickie said... (4/29/14 3:01 PM) Reply
This top is very flattering, so in that point I disagree with you.I love the piping and the lace sleeves

StyleArc Stacie Jean Jacket