Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3341 (Misses Skort and shorts)

Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar
Posted on:6/24/05 5:35 PM
Last Updated:4/10/08 10:28 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 34 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
velosewer said... (1/13/14 8:13 PM) Reply
You've shown how great this pattern is.
strongnow said... (5/19/12 11:56 AM) Reply
Thank you for fabulous pictures and most helpful cutting/sewing information. This pattern is still available and I am giving it some serious consideration.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/14/08 4:15 PM) Reply
This wonderful green is one of my favourite colors and the fact that you have sandals to match is knocking me out! Beautiful, beautiful! And the length is so flattering; it draws the eye directly to your pretty, shapely legs. I love it the entire ensemble! -Lily
sideseams said... (4/11/08 6:17 PM) Reply
Sherrill, I just love the outfit. I am built a lot like you so maybe this pattern will work for me too. You do beatiful work! Thanks for the great review.
carolynw said... (4/11/08 12:00 PM) Reply
This looks so nice Sherrill - I love the fabric choice - it makes the outfit look amazingly different from the original. No doubt about it - you are ready for summer and I must go get this pattern - hope my outfit will look as nice as yours!!
Debbie Cook said... (4/11/08 9:56 AM) Reply
Great outfit! The skort looks terrific on you ... very flattering!
doxieluvr said... (4/11/08 7:00 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review, Sherril. It astonishes me how a change in length/fabric can change the whole look of an outfit. Perfect example here of how you changed this casual pattern into something appropriate to wear to your work. Thanks for being an inspiration to this beginner.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (4/11/08 1:42 AM) Reply
I love them, very stylish and practical for summer too. Actually, the whole outfit is fabulous on you - right down to the matching shoes!
Athene said... (4/11/08 1:11 AM) Reply
Great summer look - the color, the length of the skort and top - everything looks so nice.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (4/11/08 0:54 AM) Reply
Super cute outfit. I love the colors on you!
texx said... (2/2/08 11:35 AM) Reply
The picture shows that you either really know how to seew well or that this pattern is great. What you are wearing is EXACTLY what I have been looking for!
KariBurns said... (7/30/06 10:59 AM) Reply
This review has such wonderful detail, I bought the pattern without any worry. Thank you.
Rhoda K said... (7/4/06 3:22 PM) Reply
I just found your review after buying this pattern today. I originally bought it to use as a bottom for a bathing suit. My pattern is a tankini but has no skirt, just shorts. I was going to draft one, but when I saw this pattern, then found your review, I know I'll definitely use it more than for a bathing suit. Yours looks so good on you. Thanks for a great review.
feylady said... (7/12/05 4:46 PM) Reply
Good details in review. Thanks.
Danvillegirl said... (6/25/05 7:18 PM) Reply
I like the skort. Looks good on you. I need to remember your elastic waist method.
CarolynGM said... (6/25/05 4:47 PM) Reply
The skort looks great on you. I never would have guessed that your skort came from the pattern you linked to. You made it work perfectly for your shape and your legs.
utci13 said... (6/25/05 1:55 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern at (25% off at Fabric Place) to make tennis skirts for my DD. You've inspired me to make something for myself. Great review!
utci13 said... (6/25/05 1:54 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern (25% off at Fabric Place) to make tennis skirts for my DD. You've inspired me to make something for myself. Great review!
ashleyanne said... (6/25/05 1:07 PM) Reply
Sherril. Druse recommened this pattern for my 4"11 size 18 daughter.Iam a self taught sewer and do'nt know how to measure for front and back rise.please explain how to measure thank you
Leslie in Austin said... (6/25/05 12:33 PM) Reply
Another cutie outfit, Sherril--what a super way to show off those terrific gams of yours. I'm a huge fan of skorts, too (have one on today in fact!). You've inspired me to make another KS pair myself.
MaryBeth said... (6/25/05 11:28 AM) Reply
Yeah, my dismissal of this pattern was very quick and decisive based on the pattern illus. Thanks for the review and congrats on making great skorts!
Mini said... (6/25/05 11:06 AM) Reply
Wow! I would not have considered this pattern based on the pattern picture. Seeing it on someone with a similar figure really helps.
Monica R said... (6/25/05 10:36 AM) Reply
Very nice skort and I love the fabric. Thanks for reviewing this one--looks like a great summer outfit.
Jill Giard said... (6/25/05 8:13 AM) Reply
Very cute skort! I bet you could dye some white interlock to match the fabric for your secon pair.
JDpenelope said... (6/25/05 7:52 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks great and does emphasize your shapely legs very nicely. Recently, I was advised to wear shorter, fun skirts like this by a saleslady at Dillards, though my legs aren't as firm as yours. I'm tempted to try it. By the way, I bought an orange interlock recently from Sew Baby--the code is IK-X, very nice.
ryan's mom said... (6/25/05 7:23 AM) Reply
I would have skipped over this pattern, but looking at your skort does this pattern justice! It looks so nice! What a great fit and so flattering on you.
Rebecca D said... (6/25/05 7:22 AM) Reply
Sherrill, I, too, love this outfit and would never have thought about it from the pattern envelope (so true of many KS patterns), but your thorough and helpful review has turned my head. It's the best of both worlds, the coolness of a skirt and the comfort of a pair of shorts.
JoleneF said... (6/25/05 6:54 AM) Reply
Looks great and great review!
flowermama said... (6/25/05 1:14 AM) Reply
Wow, I never would have looked twice at this pattern if not for your review. These look great on you and again, what a great fit! The pattern picture appears so skimpy but now I'm putting this pattern on my wishlist!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/24/05 10:50 PM) Reply
Another great outfit. A few black and white tops and you have your cropped pants and this skirt. that's an entire weekend wardrobe.
AnneM said... (6/24/05 7:49 PM) Reply
It's not really a skort, then, it's more like a tennis skirt w/ shorts & an overskirt. (I think of a skort as having shorts-looking back and skirt-looking front.) Those came out very nicely.
pittysmom said... (6/24/05 7:27 PM) Reply
Sherrill, you and I have the same body type and like the same patterns! This is so cute, cool and comfy for summer. Will definitely be sewing up this one! Great review, and thanks for the heads up on the elastic thing.
Hilary said... (6/24/05 7:08 PM) Reply
Sherrill, I am *so* glad you reviewed this (positively!) ! I have been wanting to make it, but you're right, it looks so skimpy on the model, and that was holding me back. Thanks for the tip on installing the elastic, too. Your skort looks fantastic, btw, and very flattering. I love that fabric, too. :o) Great review!
Patti B said... (6/24/05 6:03 PM) Reply
Sherrill, I almost bought this pattern and now I will *have* to buy it. They look very nice on you -- summery but not too exposed.
sheree said... (6/24/05 5:55 PM) Reply
Sherrill, these look GREAT on you! They hang beautifully from the side picture and the shorts underneath look great ,too. Thanks for the informative review.

Merchant & Mills Top 64