Pattern Reviews> Du Barry> 5090

Last Updated:5/13/14 9:59 PM

Du Barry: 5090 by Rairscat  Du Barry: 5090 by Rairscat
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
SewOm said... (5/19/14 1:27 PM) Reply
What a great review and an awesome top. Thanks for being so detailed in your writeup. And yes, I agree, the Anna Maria Horner voile, and all the Free Spirit voiles, are amazing! I stash that stuff.
supizoo said... (5/14/14 6:35 PM) Reply
Such beautiful fabric. It really suits the style of your blouse. Sorry you couldn't enter it in the contest but it is beautiful none-the-less. Thanks for the tip about 1940's patterns suiting square shoulders.
sewrose said... (5/14/14 8:35 AM) Reply
If you could do a clockwise, 1/4 turn on your photo and resubmit it, I'd like to have a better look at your work!
Sew Good said... (5/13/14 10:23 PM) Reply
Pretty fabric! Nice job!
Alpine Queen said... (5/12/14 2:18 PM) Reply
I hope you leave the sleeves, which I assume are the short version. I think the dress would look a bit unbalanced without them.
SJ Kurtz said... (5/12/14 3:31 AM) Reply
I love that fabric; wishing I had picked it up when I had the chance. Hey, you can always take the sleeves off AFTER the contest. Only you will know then!
Rairscat said... (5/10/14 10:56 PM) Reply
Rats!! Thank you for replying :)
MrsCharisma said... (5/10/14 8:10 PM) Reply
I'm unable to PM you. Leaving the sleeves off would be considered a "major" change to the pattern; thus making it ineligible. Let me know if there are questions and I can't wait to see it!
ASiverson said... (5/9/14 12:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful! TFS
Chococat said... (5/8/14 7:41 PM) Reply
Oh gosh, I know what you mean about "multiple steps completed at once", I just finished a pattern from the early 50's and it literally had the bodice completely assembled in one step 0.0. Good work! It looks very summery. :)
ksgentry said... (5/8/14 12:27 PM) Reply
I love sewing vintage! Thanks for the review. I think I have this pattern in my stash and will definitely give it a try after seeing your progress.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics