Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2061 (Misses knit and woven pants)

Reviewed by:dinagideon

About dinagideonstar
VA United States
Member since: 7/23/13
Posted on:5/9/14 3:21 PM
Last Updated:5/9/14 3:28 PM
Simplicity: 2061 by dinagideon Simplicity: 2061 by dinagideon
See other patterns in this category: Pants

dinagideon said... (5/11/14 8:57 AM) Reply
Detroy! Want to see your versions. Would love to be inspired by others creations. :) Thanks, supizoo! Mary in FL, yes, I bet just an additional 1/2 inch would make a world of difference. I think I may need it on the front based on how it looks like it is fitting me in the photo, but it may also be because I have to wear it that high because of the elastic length. We'll see with the next incarnation. Mrs. Charisma...I give away so much from those bundles, but every bundle I get a piece that justifies the whole purchase, just last week I received a gorg piece of blue linen, just enough to make a skirt or shorts.
MrsCharisma said... (5/10/14 7:35 AM) Reply
Ha! Crazy husbands :) I have to start gambling more with bundles!
mary in FL said... (5/9/14 8:11 PM) Reply
They do look comfy! I agree that a slightly lower crotch curve will be the perfect adjustment.
supizoo said... (5/9/14 6:38 PM) Reply
So cute!
detroy said... (5/9/14 3:49 PM) Reply
So cute! I've made this pattern several times now in both the knit and woven styles (still need to do reviews). In fact, I'm making a franken pattern with the woven style right today. I love your ditsy pink print, it looks fabulous! Haha - just had to add that my husband also called some of my non-pj pants from this pattern pj pants too. Men!
dinagideon said... (5/9/14 3:49 PM) Reply
Okay, well sort of. The first time I wore them around the house, mind you, my husband was, "nice pjs." Sigh. Men. Dressing them up with the cardi, jewelry, makeup, and tee helped that last time. No PJ comments that time. Even if they do feel as comfy as pjs. :) Love your version, btw...I saw them here and at your blog, obviously, and then one week later in a free bundle, I received the same fabric as you made yours from. Not enough to do pants, but maybe a cute skirt?
MrsCharisma said... (5/9/14 3:46 PM) Reply
Hahaha! I'm glad you posted - they are awesome pants!!! Don't you feel like you're getting away with wearing such comfiness? :)

by: Pinkytoo