Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6034 (Coordinates)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:6/29/05 10:10 AM
Last Updated:7/6/05 7:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Formalwear    Suits / Separates

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Twinkster said... (7/7/05 11:28 PM) Reply
Love it... love it! You always pick out some great fabrics!!
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (6/30/05 7:42 PM) Reply
almost makes me buy yet another pattern! Lovely set, enjoy. It is fun to have memories of travels with your fabrics.
JDpenelope said... (6/30/05 6:05 PM) Reply
What a beautiful drape on that skirt! And I totally love the lime green with the purple, intentional or not. It's too bad this pattern is out of print.
Patti B said... (6/30/05 2:23 PM) Reply
pjrsews, I almost did the same thing -- maybe next time. I did go back yesterday and sew in 1/2 inch elastic, a bit shorter than the circumference, to the seam allowance of the waist and that seems to help it hang where I want it to. Thanks for all the nice comments!
pjrsews said... (6/30/05 2:19 PM) Reply
I really like the embelishments on your shell and cardigan. The ruffle definitely looks like an "on purpose". Kudos on the skirt, too. I just made a similar one, but have the same waist problem so I added a narrow waistband with a slightly elastic waist along with the zipper.
Teri said... (6/30/05 1:52 PM) Reply
Very nice SWAP pieces. They will be so much fun to wear on your trip!
AnneM said... (6/30/05 7:42 AM) Reply
I have this pattern! (Haven't made it yet.) I really like that shirt hem. And I really like the skirt. Thanks for the inspiration.
ryan's mom said... (6/30/05 7:00 AM) Reply
That is such a nice-looking skirt. I like the length too, and the color is great. Great review on this pattern!
purpleseamstress said... (6/29/05 11:52 PM) Reply
You fit yourself well. They all look great on you.
Lori V said... (6/29/05 5:02 PM) Reply
Very cute outfit, thanks for pointing out this pattern.
Patti B said... (6/29/05 2:28 PM) Reply
bunz, I forgot that I was wearing that top but I do like chartreuse and purple. :-) I actually made a rayon batik blouse that I'll review later that is purple, green and aqua. MaryBeth, I posted a closer view of my meager embellishments at the end of the review.
MaryBeth said... (6/29/05 12:54 PM) Reply
Ohhhh, neat stuff, Patti. Great job. I wish there was a closeup of the cardigan's trimmings, sounds to creative. Lovely work and you're going to look so good!
jlg said... (6/29/05 11:14 AM) Reply
Great pieces. I love the drape and fit of the skirt.
Sherril Miller said... (6/29/05 10:57 AM) Reply
What a darling little grouping. I sure wish I could stick with a SWAP project long enough to get a travel wardrobe done. Skirts are a great choice, cool and breezy and the cardigan to keep warm when necessary.
bunz said... (6/29/05 10:19 AM) Reply
Great review, thanks. Looks like a perfect pattern for a SWAP. Your skirt looks lovely and fits wonderfully. I was pleasantly surprised that the purple and chartreuse made such a nice color combo -- never would have thought of that!!

Islander Sewing Systems Double Green Shopping Bag Pattern