Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Duplicity Culotte (Duplicity Culotte)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:6/29/05 1:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Souzan said... (10/6/06 6:58 PM) Reply
Ann, thanks for your review and pictures. It looks great! I was about to buy this pattern, but I really needed to know that bit about not being able to cross your legs -- I'm the type that would drive crazy! Plus I don't like to feel I'm fighting a skirt when I take a big stride.
Vigdis sch-j said... (8/29/05 10:06 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I am 5'2" and have to shorten everything, but sometimes that is not possible. Your slideshow is great.
SJB said... (6/30/05 8:32 PM) Reply
Ann, I was delighted to find your review of the Duplicity Culotte as I made this up in a rayon print when the pattern first came out and absolutely love it. I am 5'3" (same as you?) but shortened it by 4" as I wanted it to hit below the calf. Altering it that much was a bit of a chore. I did not do the recommended waistband--I simply put in an elastic band which seemed like a lot less work than the zipper/waist finish! Your version looks absolutely fantiastic!
PhyllisC said... (6/30/05 8:50 AM) Reply
I love this Ann! I hadn't been to the SW website in while - might need to pick this one up. I see what you mean about not crossing one's legs.
Linda E. said... (6/30/05 6:48 AM) Reply
Ann You cullote is really cute. I didn't like this pattern when I first saw it. It has grown on me the more I see of it I think I want it to make some for a cruise we will be taking in February. thanks for the great review
Danvillegirl said... (6/30/05 6:03 AM) Reply
Looks good on and better than the pattern drawing.
tigger said... (6/30/05 1:36 AM) Reply
Great pants - thanks for the review!
Liana said... (6/30/05 0:28 AM) Reply
What a neat garment Ann! You look great, as always.
Kathryn said... (6/29/05 11:21 PM) Reply
Great review, and another great addition to your wardrobe, Ann! You always come up with the kewlest pattern/fabric combos.
Karen Bowers said... (6/29/05 8:40 PM) Reply
thanks for the solid review, ann.
Mary Stiefer said... (6/29/05 2:54 PM) Reply
This looks great and I really like your sandals too. What a classy lady.
Patti B said... (6/29/05 2:34 PM) Reply
Ann, they are gorgeous ... as is everything you make.
Ann Smith said... (6/29/05 2:22 PM) Reply
ChrisK, easy to walk, nice fabric movement. They look fine when you sit if you demurely cross your feet at the ankles. See note above about cross your legs...that's not real attractive.
ChrisK said... (6/29/05 2:17 PM) Reply
Ann, these look great. Are these easy to walk in and how do they look when you sit? And great sandals too, I just bought and identical pair last week! ;-)

StyleArc Debra Zebra Top

by: FreyaStark

You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)