Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8987 (Top)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:6/29/05 1:50 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Ann Smith said... (6/27/09 0:10 AM) Reply
JeanieC911, I used mid-weight linen but I think cotton or other similar fabric would work nicely. Ann
JeanieC911 said... (6/22/09 1:18 PM) Reply
What type of fabric did you use? Is this a good pattern for cotton blends?
Athene said... (4/10/09 7:24 PM) Reply
Very nice little summer top. Thank you for the tip on the back opening. Here it is 2009 - I think this top is timeless.
flowermama said... (7/1/05 1:39 AM) Reply
I really love your top and your whole outfit! this pattern is going on my wishlist. Thanks for the warning about the back neckline.
Teri said... (6/30/05 2:06 PM) Reply
Ann, thanks for the back slit tip. I made this top also, and like sewsue, I had trouble with the back and have not worn it. But I like the design so much, and it takes such little fabric that I might try it again.
sherri2sew said... (6/30/05 2:02 PM) Reply
Nice looking top. The review was very helpful. I bought this pattern for the same reasons you did but hadn't made it yet. Seeing it made up and on a real person helps. Thanks for the warning about the bias opening in the back.
AnneM said... (6/30/05 7:51 AM) Reply
Very nice; I really like it on you. Makes me look twice at this pattern.
lilhoney57 said... (6/30/05 7:16 AM) Reply
Very nice!
Danvillegirl said... (6/30/05 6:07 AM) Reply
Glad to read this review. I have had this pattern forever and didn't even realize it is on the bias. Thanks for helpful info regarding back opening. I avoid bias a lot but perhaps time to take the plunge with all the helpful info from PR. :-)
tigger said... (6/30/05 1:38 AM) Reply
Again great review - love the top.
sewsue said... (6/30/05 0:33 AM) Reply
Lovely top, Ann. I have made this pattern up and was most disappointed wiht the back neck opening which on my top sits out from my body really noticeably. I haven't worn it because of that. Thanks for the advice about interfacing it, I would like to try the pattern again and this tip will be helpful.
purpleseamstress said... (6/29/05 11:45 PM) Reply
Looks great on you and very classy.
Kathryn said... (6/29/05 11:24 PM) Reply
Wow, Ann, pairing this top with your Sewing Workshop culottes makes a perfect outfit. Thanks so much for the review. I have this pattern, but have never made it up. You may just have set me going to make one, finally.
MaryBeth said... (6/29/05 6:56 PM) Reply
I appreciate your review of this pattern. Beautiful top, Ann.
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/29/05 6:33 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful top. I love the linen on the bias. -Ann
Schnauzer said... (6/29/05 5:50 PM) Reply
Ann,your top looks really lovely on you!
hongkongshopper said... (6/29/05 5:22 PM) Reply
I love the fit of the top - very flattering! The whole outfit looks great on you!
cindyann said... (6/29/05 4:54 PM) Reply
Oh Ann, thanks for this review. I love this style of top and your's is fabulous.
Motorposus said... (6/29/05 4:52 PM) Reply
I got a linen top similar to this at Banana Republic a few years ago, and have always wished I had another. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention. You look fabulous!
Modiste Madness said... (6/29/05 4:43 PM) Reply
Your top is very flattering. I will have to dig this one out of the collection.
Ann Smith said... (6/29/05 2:10 PM) Reply
It will definitely help. You may also want to shorten the length of the opening because the weight of the fabric pulls it open.
Deepika said... (6/29/05 2:05 PM) Reply
wow.. finally a review of this pattern with a photo and that too such a lovely one. As always great review Ann! Question - if I stabilize the back neck slit right after cutting out the pattern pieces, do you think it will be ok?

Pattern Work