Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2226 (Learn to Sew Misses' Skirt)

Reviewed by:MyKittyCat

About MyKittyCatstar
BST United Kingdom
Member since: 4/10/14
Posted on:5/20/14 11:50 AM

See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Other Projects by MyKittyCat using this Pattern

MyKittyCat said... (5/21/14 10:12 AM) Reply
I am not sure where to wear it yet as it is a bit posh for my line of work so maybe need an excuse to go out somewhere. It doesn't really go with the rest of the outfit as I just happened to be in black leggings and boots as I was in my workshop! Getting the hang of the lingo on here now, had to look TFS up! Thanks for your nice comment ASiverson :-)
ASiverson said... (5/21/14 9:19 AM) Reply
I am so liking your skirt and it looks great on you. You did a spectacular job even with the matching stripes and all. TFS!
MyKittyCat said... (5/21/14 6:35 AM) Reply
Thank you for all the lovely positive comments. What a nice bunch of people you all are on here :-) NEMDF - that is a good point. I guess it still looks bit like jigsaw pieces at the moment but as I gain more experience and understanding then flat measuring seems to make common sense without having to make countless calico versions. This would help to at least hone down which size calico to start with!!
Nancy1955 said... (5/20/14 11:19 PM) Reply
The skirt looks amazing. I love the fabric you used. (I also love your hair!)
NEMDF said... (5/20/14 5:24 PM) Reply
Great job! Your skirt looks amazing. And a big learning curve is to realize that it is good to flat measure the pattern pieces before deciding on a size to cut and/or measure similar pieces in a garment you already own and like. I love the fabric!
said... (5/20/14 3:14 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first effort. You did a great job. That is not easy fabric to work with, even for the experienced!
dinagideon said... (5/20/14 12:52 PM) Reply
I love your skirt and it looks so good on you! I technically wear between a 16-18 in patterns, and a UK 12 or 14, so I must be around your size, so I will definitely be referencing this review. :) Thank you!

Kwik Sew 3416