Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2005-122 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:7/1/05 11:04 AM
Last Updated:7/2/05 10:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
dreamdesigner said... (7/15/06 1:40 AM) Reply
I really like this jacket. The fabric is very intriguing.
PatCat said... (7/1/06 4:45 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Katharine in BXL said... (7/1/06 11:59 AM) Reply
Such a pretty summer jacket--I admire you for tackling WOF and a jacket when you have the workload of an attorney!
yummymummy38 said... (6/5/06 10:27 AM) Reply
Impressive job, beautiful fabric and finish.
Sew it seams said... (7/26/05 4:36 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket. You did a beautiful job matching the prints. Really great job.
mustsew said... (7/3/05 6:44 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job matching the design in the fabric! The jacket looks great.
blue mooney said... (7/3/05 7:12 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks even more attractive than the ones in the mag. Beautiful fabric! I loved the collar on these jackets. Thanks for the review.
Liana said... (7/3/05 0:24 AM) Reply
I think it's all been said already, but, just gorgeous!!
inkyannie said... (7/2/05 11:23 PM) Reply
Wow, what a wonderful job! It is just gorgeous.
Danvillegirl said... (7/2/05 8:35 PM) Reply
Wow! Lovely jacket. Everything matches up so well. Excellent job.
MarionP said... (7/2/05 7:46 PM) Reply
Very impressive!! Nicely done!!
hongkongshopper said... (7/2/05 6:01 PM) Reply
I am in love with your jacket! The fabric is so cool! The placement of the motifs on the back is beautifully done.
Vibek said... (7/2/05 2:47 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely looking jacket. I can't see the CB seam - pattern placements looks totally flawless as do all the other difficult bits.
Stacy Sews said... (7/2/05 2:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - so much better than the model's in the magazine. Makes me want to put this on my (long) list of things to make! Thanks for the review!
MaryBeth said... (7/2/05 12:43 PM) Reply
Seriously beautiful fabric turned into a seriously beautiful jacket. I love your work and your reviews. Thanks soooo much!
Modiste Madness said... (7/2/05 12:31 PM) Reply
Your jacket is wonderful. The construction and the fabric make it a great example of design and workmanship.
Gigi Louis said... (7/2/05 11:24 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket! Yours is ever so much more inspiring than the WOF version.
Debbie Cook said... (7/2/05 11:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. A great match of simple lines with a very cool patterned fabric.
KarmenG said... (7/2/05 10:26 AM) Reply
Kay - Beautiful jacket; this pattern has a lot of appeal and you showcased it beautifully. Gotta love a gorgeous sleeve cap and yours look great. Can you get a close up photo of the pocket? I'd love to see that too. Thank you for the detailed and helpful review.
SueV said... (7/2/05 10:05 AM) Reply
VERY nice; I'll have to dig out my issue! Thanks
Karla Kizer said... (7/2/05 9:41 AM) Reply
Darn, I didn't get my hands on this issue of Burda. But the April issue has a jacket with a similar collar/lapel that I've been admiring. Your jacket is fantastic - and I want one, too.
Kathryn said... (7/2/05 7:44 AM) Reply
Kay, the work(woman)ship on this wonderful jacket is one of the reasons why you are listed as one of my "favorite reviewers". Taking this busy fabric and crafting it into a trendy jacket is perfect. Thank you so much for the great review.
Asa Hagstrom said... (7/2/05 5:22 AM) Reply
Wow! I love your fabric and how you matched the pattern so carefully. Your version looks so much better than the magazine's!
sherri2sew said... (7/2/05 2:37 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Maybe WOF is worth getting. What is the size range on this jacket? I really like the collar.
Sew4Fun said... (7/2/05 2:19 AM) Reply
WOW! What a gorgeous and beautifully tailored jacket! Your pattern matching is supreme!
Marita Kinnula said... (7/2/05 0:48 AM) Reply
Kay, your jacket is marvelous, it was one of the few things that really got my attn. in that particular issue, your choice of fabric was very good, also the fabric pattern and color are exellent, congrat's!! If you are planning on making this for winterwear you might like to consider using haircanvas on the collar, part of the front and back to give it a more "stand up look" but I guess you've alrady thought about this.
jlg said... (7/1/05 7:12 PM) Reply
Very, very nice. It looks beautifully done.
Becky Coleman said... (7/1/05 6:18 PM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. It was my favorite in that issue, and you have done an outstanding job with your jacket. Becky, Minnesota
Jan B. said... (7/1/05 6:03 PM) Reply
Outstanding. Your skill astonishes.
CarolynGM said... (7/1/05 5:22 PM) Reply
The jacket has such a graceful shape and is so impeccably tailored. The matching is so good, that try as I may, I cannot locate the pockets.
melgosews said... (7/1/05 5:21 PM) Reply
Simply gorgeous! I had my eye on the green jacket design in 4/05 and at first glance thought this was it. I looked this one up and didn't have any scribbled remarks, well I do now! Kay, they don't have anything on your jacket, My head is spinning with fabric ideas. I want something luxurious too and it really works with this simplistic style. Thanks for the heads up on the stretch and fit.
Mlle Laura said... (7/1/05 4:31 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and a great choice of fabric!
cindyann said... (7/1/05 3:57 PM) Reply
It's beautiful! You did a lovely job.
Lisette said... (7/1/05 3:36 PM) Reply
Your jacket is wonderful, I loved this design the moment I saw it.
Geordie Girl said... (7/1/05 2:55 PM) Reply
What a gorgeouse jacket. Thanks for a really good review
mudcat said... (7/1/05 2:28 PM) Reply
The fabric is gorgeous thus making a wonderfully unqiue looking jacket.
SewVeryTall said... (7/1/05 2:14 PM) Reply
Outstanding! Great fabric, too.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/1/05 1:37 PM) Reply
BRAVO!!! Such a gorgeous garment. Love the fabric and really like the different collar treatment on it!
Johsews said... (7/1/05 1:34 PM) Reply
Great job! I love your fabric. I have started cutting out a lot of things one layer at a time- find I get much better results so it's worth the extra time.
e_e_thomas said... (7/1/05 1:17 PM) Reply
Beautifully tailored!
Tiner W said... (7/1/05 12:42 PM) Reply
How pretty! Your fabric is gorgeous!
Ann Smith said... (7/1/05 11:54 AM) Reply
Really beautiful. The pattern matching really looks great.
Patti B said... (7/1/05 11:39 AM) Reply
Wow, what a gorgeous jacket! Love the fabric and your careful matching. I have stayed away from WOF jackets because of all the 'dots.' Yours is much lovelier than the original.
Rebecca D said... (7/1/05 11:36 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket. Your work is beautiful. This review is extremely helpful.
SandraB said... (7/1/05 11:34 AM) Reply
YOur jacket turned out really nicely and I love your choice of fabric.

SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern