Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tahoe Pant (Tahoe Pant)

Reviewed by:Maven

About Maven
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:8/22/02 2:13 PM
Last Updated:1/28/03 3:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
alex said... (1/28/03 4:53 PM) Reply
I'm glad you updated because it brought this really interesting pattern to my attention! I think it's headed for the wish list!
Maven said... (1/28/03 3:07 PM) Reply
I feel like such a dolt. I have figured out my error. I changed my review to reflect my discovery!
said... (8/23/02 9:22 PM) Reply
Yes, you're right; I did shorten mine for the 'skirt look' (the length is more mid-calf). I did sort of an elastic waist on mine; if you have any of Sandra Betzina's books she calls it 'The Designer Waistband that Grows'. It's not a pull-on style, but it does give the waistband a bit of 'fluctuation room' I made it pretty much according to her directions, adding length to the elastic for the lap on the waistband (I didn't stretch that part of the elastic when I applied it). It's a fair substitute for interfacing!
said... (8/22/02 5:49 PM) Reply
No, not at all -- I got this impression from the pyou made a knee length version, right? So I think the leg-opening is more accentuated when it's longer. Anyway, I liked your review and I like the pants, they just came out different than I expected. If I figure out a way to speed through the pleating business, I can see myself wearing these a lot- they're comfortable. I'd love to do them with an elastic waist but I can't figure out how, so OH WELL!
said... (8/22/02 2:23 PM) Reply
I guess I didn't mention that because I don't really mind if the legs separate when I move; it's still more like a split skirt than pants, IMO. Actually, I thought that was part of the appeal; it looks like a pretty ordinary wrap skirt until you move, then, surprise! I guess if I had mentioned that you would've known what to expect, though. Sorry!

by: guineveres...